So What Is Wrong With Cricket Cake?

Decorating By CHoxie Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 12:53am by steffiessweet_sin_sations

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:42am
post #31 of 41

I do not have one, although I am thinking about it once it is switched over to Martha Stewart - all the back and forth reviews on it confuses me. I do have to laugh at their commercial - the one I saw this morning was talking about the national average wedding cake costing $1000 or $600, and you could make your own with the cricket for so much lower - can you imagine the average bride having to deal with making her own wedding cake? Do they also teach the trials and tribulations of icing, stacking, doweling, etc. to make sure your dream wedding cake doesn't fall on the floor @ the reception? Just saying, I think it's misleading - stick with promoting dIY birthday cakes and cupcakes.

StarBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StarBerry Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:58am
post #32 of 41

I am curious what people's experience had been with cricut cake... i ordered one and am still waiting for delivery. Is there a difference between the regular red cricut cake and the "martha stewart" one??

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:06am
post #33 of 41

Does anyone know the difference between the Circut Cake and the Circut Cake Mini??? Is the difference just he size of cutting area?

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:33am
post #34 of 41

i agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i'm not disagreeing with that. i just think no one should say "don't buy one". in response to "mom2twogrlz", http://www.mypinkstamper.com/2010/10/cricut-cake-mini-just-arrived.html has a chart on her page comparing the mini and regular =D pretty much it is just smaller lol

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:02am
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by manda_estrada

i agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i'm not disagreeing with that. i just think no one should say "don't buy one". in response to "mom2twogrlz", http://www.mypinkstamper.com/2010/10/-cake-mini-just-arrived.html has a chart on her page comparing the mini and regular =D pretty much it is just smaller lol

thanks. I will check it out.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:27am
post #36 of 41
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:57pm
post #37 of 41

I love it for the lettering alone, but I must say some of those leaves look real on my autumn cake icon_smile.gif whats not to love!!!!

mandyk99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyk99 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 11:08pm
post #38 of 41

I have a reg Cricut. I have been told I can actually use that instead of buying a Cake cricut. I'm sure I'd have to do some modifications to the machine, like move the rubber rollers, and change out the blade etc. But has anybody else done this?

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 11:27pm
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyk99

I have a reg . I have been told I can actually use that instead of buying a Cake . I'm sure I'd have to do some modifications to the machine, like move the rubber rollers, and change out the blade etc. But has anybody else done this?

I found this, I have the circut cake and love it it was a gift from my hubby for my B-Day
Molly

mandyk99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyk99 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 11:34pm
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyk99

I have a reg . I have been told I can actually use that instead of buying a Cake . I'm sure I'd have to do some modifications to the machine, like move the rubber rollers, and change out the blade etc. But has anybody else done this?

I found this, I have the circut cake and love it it was a gift from my hubby for my B-Day
Molly

Thanks so much! I'll check it out!!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 12:53am
post #41 of 41

i have a reg cricut and absolutely love it, use it all the time for tons of things. because i do this as a hobby, i really cant afford such an expensive tool but i would love to have one! if anyone on here wants to sell theirs, let me know!!! anyway, just like others have said, its really about what is easier for you, but if it works anything like the regular one, if i had the money would buy it in a heartbeat!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%