Serving Giant Cupcake Cake!?

Decorating By DeezTreatz Updated 3 Nov 2010 , 1:22am by DeezTreatz

DeezTreatz Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 5

Hello!

I received the giant cupcake pan as a gift icon_smile.gif
(There are two parts to it - top and bottom)

I am going to ice it as two cakes and add fondant as if it were two cakes (top and bottom) I may torte the two and add a filling as well.

I was thinking about adding fondant to the top and the bottom as serperate cakes because I want to put the 'muffin top' lol on a cake board inbetween them so I can take the top off to serve the cupcake.

Does this sound right? I can't think of another way to serve this cake lol
Please help! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
pinkjacs Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 5

hello, what a cool gift!!!

I have made 2 giant cup cakes the first I torded the first and I was not happy with it I felt that it took the look away from the botton layer. The second one I cored out some of the insides of the cake with an apple corer I think I prob put about 4-5 holes in the cake then filled them with strawberry buttercream (YUMMY) the muffin top I just injected some of the bitter cream. I iced both half's separate.

I could say keep your fondant nice and think!! and work it round all the grooves fr max effect.

does this make any sense at all??

My cakes are in my pics the white and pink one was the second!!

Coral3 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 5

Serving is a little tricky, I wish there was a good way to do it without making a big ole mess! I use the 'candy shell' method for the bottom half, because I like how it makes the ridges in the base a lot cleaner - which makes serving even trickier. I put a layer of frosting all over a small round and place inside the candy shell for the base, and at serving I cut the top section first, then as you serve the bottom you end up cutting/breaking the shell away to cut the cake which is a bit of a mess because the shell never (for me anyway) cuts nicely.

pinkjacs Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

Serving is a little tricky, I wish there was a good way to do it without making a big ole mess! I use the 'candy shell' method for the bottom half, because I like how it makes the ridges in the base a lot cleaner - which makes serving even trickier. I put a layer of frosting all over a small round and place inside the candy shell for the base, and at serving I cut the top section first, then as you serve the bottom you end up cutting/breaking the shell away to cut the cake which is a bit of a mess because the shell never (for me anyway) cuts nicely.

sorry what it is the candy shell method??

DeezTreatz Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:22am
post #5 of 5

Oh Geez lol
So either way the serving job will not go too smoothly! Hehe
Thats okay - I was going to bring it to work to practice with it... so maybe this would be a good time to!

Do you think putting a small round cake board in between the cakes will be a good idea?

Thats for your help guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%