Kinda Won Cake Decorating Contest But.....

Decorating By jo3d33 Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 9:10pm by cakeythings1961

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 9

Ok, so long story short I donated a cake to a local school for their fall festival. Cakes that were "home-made" were judged and 10 prizes were handed out. I was told I won one of the 10 prizes but didn't win the grand prize because my cake "looked store bought" I guess that is a compliment right? LOL!!! Cake was the same as the Frankenstein cake that is in my photos. I didnt upload another picture since it looked exactly like the picture in my gallery. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 9

Oh My Goodness--that totally sucks--I din go look at your photo but that is supremely pathetic but rather encouraging at the same time? So you din win 'cause it was too good?

Congratulations pretty much for the most part icon_lol.gif

Plus (((big hug)))

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 9

You have to admit it's a little bit funny. icon_smile.gif I know this is only quasi related, but back in the day, Charlie Chaplin went to a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest and won third place. I'm sure your cake was the best-looking one there!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 9

I REALLY liked your cake, how super cute was that!!!!

I'd want to defend myself, "I'm a mom & I baked & decorated that all by myself." LOL

Oh well.

I do have a question, what did they do with the cakes? I've been trying to think of a way to have our school do a cake auction, but I'm thinking we still won't raise alot of money.

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 9

Daltonam, I sent you a message icon_surprised.gif)

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 9

So what exactly does "store-bought" look like and where do these judges shop? So, they want folks to donate unattractive cakes? How odd.
Guess you have to take that as a compliment and know that you really did win. Cute cake, BTW.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 9

Jo3d33, didn't you know only grocery stores make nice looking cakes??!!! icon_lol.gif Seriously, that cake is super adorable, and I hope some lucky kids got to have it at their Halloween party!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 9

So they're saying that since your cake looked good it wasn't crappy enough to be considered homemade-looking? Does that meant that the grand prize winner should be insutled that they think her cake WAS crappy-looking enough to be considered the grand prize winner? It's so confusing icon_biggrin.gif

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 9

Jo3d33, didn't you know only grocery stores make nice looking cakes??!!! icon_lol.gif Seriously, that cake is super adorable, and I hope some lucky kids got to have it at their Halloween party!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%