Display Cake Ideas

Decorating By AmysCakesNCandies Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 2:38pm by costumeczar

AmysCakesNCandies Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:01pm
post #1 of 3

OK, the time of year has come for me to work up a few new display cakes for bridal shows in 2011. I'm having a hard time coming up with some new design ideas and figured I could use some inspirtion from all of you!
I find that the cakes I display get ordered multiple times that year so I want to do something that will be striking & diffrent but not overly time consuming to decorate.
I always do my display cakes in fondant so they can hold up through multiple shows and I want 1 to be more traditional and the other more "fun".
Looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts!!

2 replies
bakingpw Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 3

Have you googled to see what trends are "in"? Also, you might check theknot.com for trends, to see what is going to be popular.

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 3

Here's the link to the Pantone forecast for Spring 2011. Those are the colors that the magazines are all going to be showing, so they usually get requested by brides a lot. http://www.pantone.com/pages/Pantone/Pantone.aspx?pg=20752&ca=4

Maybe you could do one cake that's more streamlined and modern with color on it, and another that's more "fluffy" and traditional with bows and ruffles that you base on a dress design from one of the wedding dress collections that are out. That would give you two different looks, and would attract the brides from both ends of the style spectrum.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%