So The Brakes Went Out On My Van Today...

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 5 Nov 2010 , 1:45am by JulieMN

cakesbycathy Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 7

...while I was driving!!

So thankful I didn't hit anything or anybody.
And that I wasn't delivering a cake at the time!!

6 replies
justducky Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 1:39am
post #2 of 7

Thank goodness you are safe!!!

LisaMarie86 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 1:40am
post #3 of 7

Oh no that isnt good. Glad it turned out and nothing was damaged and no one injured. My brakes in my old car started going out on me in the middle of a busy street that the light just turned red. I was nervous but luckily still had some brakes and could slow it down at stop. Very scary though.

CakesByJen2 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:27am
post #4 of 7

How scary!!! Thank goodness no people or cakes were hurt!

sexy_baker Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:54am
post #5 of 7

Thank God you're okay. You should get your brakes checked regularly, it's better safe than sorry.

VannaD Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 7

Glad you are safe!

When I was in high school, a few of us were out one night in my friends old truck, well his brakes went out, we were on a side street by the mall, and for whatever reason there wasnt much traffic, luckily. Anyway we were laughing our tails off and managed to bring it to a stop in the old navy parking lot. Did some shopping and then... wait for it.... drove the truck home... half hour drive, that took longer cause we were going really slow, the brakes were fine. We were very lucky, and i obviously know now how dangerous it was, but cant help but laugh at the memory....... kids can be so stupid

JulieMN Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:45am
post #7 of 7

Sorry to have missed this earlier in the week. So glad to hear to hear that you are fine....what a scary misadventure for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%