Wilton Decorating Tips

Decorating By JulijaDea Updated 3 Nov 2010 , 5:39am by Apti

JulijaDea Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone! I need your help ... I would love to order some Wilon decorating tips and all the other stuff I need to go with those, but I am afraid to miss something in my order and then not be able to use them. I must order them via internet from the UK. Please can you write me a list of everything I need for this tips: #1a, #104, #12, #1M, #22 adn #69.
Thank you in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
caymancake Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 5

I would just make sure you get enough couplers for all the tips, as well as bags (unless you will be using disposable bags, which I love, and then it doesn't matter because you can cut to fit icon_smile.gif).

Hope that helps!

Apti Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 5

Hello and welcome to cake central. Why those specific tips? We can offer better and more specific advice if you let us know what you currently have and what you intend to use these tips and other equipment for. I agree that it is best to get as much as possible in one order to reduce the shipping costs.

Are you currently baking cakes or do you wish to learn on your own from videos or books? Do you have any equipment right now?

You may also wish to post a new topic saying "Any bakers in Slovenia? Where do you get supplies/equipment?" There are people on this site from all over the world, you may get some good information.

JulijaDea Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:23am
post #4 of 5

Hi Apti!
I bake cakes and I cover them with fondant, so I don't have any piping equipment at the moment. But I would mostly use the tips for decorating cupcakes. You can't buy Wilton products here in Slovenia and also other equipment is hard to get here, that is why I have to order from the UK. But thank for the new topic idea ... I might try that thumbs_up.gif So these are the things I think I have to get:

- tips I mentioned before
- standard and large coupler (becouse of the different sizes of the tips)
- coupler rings
- nylon piping bags 12" and 16"

Is that all or it is even too much?

Caymancake I will order nylon bags because I have to order them from the UK, so it's more convenient.

Thank you both for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

Apti Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 5:39am
post #5 of 5
Originally Posted by JulijaDea

Hi Apti!
I bake cakes and I cover them with fondant, so I don't have any piping equipment at the moment. But I would mostly use the tips for decorating cupcakes.

I'd recommend you get a SET of tips (Wilton or Ateco) instead of ordering individually--just google online for the different set configurations. Buy 8-12 standard couplers (you will use these a LOT) and only 1 or 2 large couplers (these are rarely used--mostly people just put the large or extra large tips in the bags without using a large coupler). 12" and 16" bags. Ateco also has a set of "giant tips"--http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004S1CN/?tag=cakecentral-20

Be aware that the 12" bags are fine for the standard tips and standard couplers, but once you cut the end off the bag, the bags can only be used with those tools. The 16" bags, once cut, will need to be dedicated to use with 1) large coupler and large tips only, or 2) large tips only with no large coupler, or 3) extra large tips only with no couplers. Once you cut the bags, that's it--you HAVE to use it for one of those 3 applications so order your bags accordingly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%