Business Plan

Business By Jackie80 Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 4:06pm by indydebi

Jackie80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie80 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 19

I've seen a few post before of persons asking for a copy of someone's business plan. There were some good suggestions for links that provide helpful information. However, I'm in a business class and I've chosen cake decorating. I've already exhausted the links that members suggested and other info. I'm really stumped with the financials and marketing analysis. This is just for a startup, no intentions to open a bakery or cake shop. So any additional information would be helpful or if someone is willing to send a business plan I would greatly appreciate it. You can email me Like I'm desperately seeking help!

18 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 19

What specifically about the financials and marketing analysis has you stumped?

If you're just having trouble getting started, you may want to try breaking it down into smaller pieces. For example, start the marketing analysis by defining your customer segments, then look closer at the characteristics and projected revenue from each segment, as well as how your company's competitive advantages tie in with the needs of each segment.

For the financials, you probably won't be able to find a public company in this industry with published accounting documents, but a bottom-up analysis should be pretty straightforward by checking the cost of ingredients, labor, and overhead.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 19

jackie, i just sent you an email with some info.

indydebi Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 10:40am
post #4 of 19

To all.... I will happily send the copies tonight when I get home from school.

Future requests will be easier for me if I get an email (so I can just reply and attach rather than cut-n-paste your email address).

Sorry I ran behind .... the arthritis in my neck flared up (the reason I had to close the shop). went to doctor on monday and left with 6 prescriptions, 3 of them pain killers, 1 of those is vicadin. so I've been kinda loopy and out of it for 2-3 days! Went to school on tuesday and spent the day trying to stay awake, and worried about driving home! (made it ... but I'm never doing THAT again!)

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:27am
post #5 of 19

oh I too would love your input([email protected])
Hope you are feeling better soon

indydebi Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 19

sent to the above 4 ... let me know if they dont' come thru for some reason! thumbs_up.gif

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:41am
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

sent to the above 4 ... let me know if they dont' come thru for some reason! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you sooooo much!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 2:28am
post #8 of 19

thank you so much

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 19

be careful posting your email adress for the world to see... can lead to trouble!
xx

indydebi Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:54pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brincess_b

be careful posting your email adress for the world to see... can lead to trouble!
xx

very true.

Reminder ... I'm happy to send the info, but please send me an EMAIL (not a PM or a post). It's just easier for me, especially with so many requests. Thx!

indydebi Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 6:02pm
post #11 of 19

all sent to this point.....

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 6:18pm
post #12 of 19

Deb you're the best! thumbs_up.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 7:51pm
post #13 of 19

Poor Debi. I guess some people aren't noticing her "email" button right between the "photos" and "www" button!

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:32am
post #14 of 19

I just wanted to point out how gracious Debi is to all of us who have asked for this info (myself included a few months ago). Despite your arthritis, new meds, school, etc. you are still so kind to be involved with us on this site. THANK YOU!!!

Saluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saluna Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 2:34am
post #15 of 19

sometimes i wonder if people actually read the posts, she clearly is being very nice in sending these to everyone and only asks they send it to her email rather than in a reply.. but yet here there are more and more, "can you send it to me too...".

indydebi Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 9:09am
post #16 of 19

I should be all caught up. let me know, via email, if you have not rec'd yours.

PLEASE .... the reason I prefer an email is because once I reply to your email, then I delete it and I know it's done. It helps me keep on top of what needs sent and what has already been done. The requests in a thread are just an ongoing list and I can't delete them when it's sent, so it runs the risk of being overlooked or being sent twice.

Between a full time school schedule, working almost full time on 3rd shift at a hotel, and being on pain medication that makes me sleepy, I tend to send these in batches when I can (as evidenced by this batch going out at 4:00 a.m.!), so your help in keeping it organized for me will be beneficial to all of us.

I'm happy to help .... I only ask that you help me by using email. thumbs_up.gif

The email button is below my signature or can be found in the profile page.

Thanks in advance!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 9:31am
post #17 of 19

Wow....some people just don't read information properly, huh?

Deb - I would love to see your plan for comparison to mine. I will flick you an email. Thank you so much for your generosity of spirit.

hallyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallyscakes Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:42pm
post #18 of 19

Thank you so much Indydebi. I have received the info. You are so generous....may it come back to you many fold.

indydebi Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:06pm
post #19 of 19

I just sent another batch out. I had an email reject (and I did a cut-n-paste, so no idea why it rejected). If you didn't get a copy, email me again.

I won't print the whole email for the person's security, but it is a hotmail account that starts with "chick".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%