bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 11

got any good recipes?

10 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 11

What about a good brownie with some chocolate candies chopped up in it?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 11

Better Homes and Gardens (I believe) has a burnt sugar candy bar cake I made a few years back...

Yup...found it...

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cakes/burnt-sugar-candy-bar-cake/

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 11

Not to be gross or anything but I can turn it into cellulite in nothing flat!!!!

icon_lol.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 11

Make new fillings for your cakes. You can chop up any candies and fold them into your buttercream or mousse for a fun filling. It's really good. I use Reese's cups in peanut butter filling for chocolate cake. The best thing EVER!

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 11

They had a segment on "Today" show this morning. They baked York Peppermint Patties into brownies by layering them whole with batter. They said it was like chocolate lasagna. I don't know why you couldn't use any kind of flat candy. Peanut butter cups would be great. They also froze bananas, dipped them frozen into chocolate and sprinkled chopped maybe Snicker's bars or something on them. Maybe a couple of other things. You could check today.com

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:04am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynee

They had a segment on "Today" show this morning. They baked York Peppermint Patties into brownies by layering them whole with batter. They said it was like chocolate lasagna. I don't know why you couldn't use any kind of flat candy. Peanut butter cups would be great. They also froze bananas, dipped them frozen into chocolate and sprinkled chopped maybe Snicker's bars or something on them. Maybe a couple of other things. You could check today.com

That recipe has been around for at least 15 years. Someone made them and gave me the recipe. I can highly recommend it. It is very yummy.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:05am
post #8 of 11

K8,
Me too! And I can turn them into jiggly thighs, as well.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:17am
post #9 of 11

I have offered heath, reece's, butterfinger, Oreo and snicker brownies and they always sell out. There isn't too many candies that won't be awesome in a brownie. Save some to sprinkle on top when they first come out of the oven too.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 1:35pm
post #10 of 11

I made chocolate cupcakes yesterday and put caramel buttercream on them and chunks of snickers bars. They disappeared quickly!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 1:38pm
post #11 of 11

In the immortal words of Rhoda Morgenstern, "I don't know why I bother eating this. I should just apply it directly to my hips."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%