Calculating The Number Of Servings.

Decorating By mightydragon663 Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 1:23am by tracycakes

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 7

If a couple has both a groom's cake and a wedding cake, do you include the groom's cake when you calculate the number of servings for the wedding cake?
For example:
For 100 guests, does the wedding cake serve all 100 guests with the groom's cake being extra? Or are the cakes combined in calculating the number of servings?

I hope this makes sense.

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 7

It's their decision. You ask them at the consult or call them back & ask. If they have a fixed budget of $X amount then that's your answer. Otherwise just ask if they want the bride's cake at 100 servings with the groom's in addition to that or 100 total servings for both.

And if you already priced it at 100 servings and they decide they want 100 on the bride and the groom's in addition to that don't hesitate to jack up the price accordingly.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 7

I combine the two cakes to get the total number of servings they need.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 7

I do as K8memphis. You have to ask and be sure and deal with the price accordingly.

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 7

ditto costume. There's no reason to sell them more cake than they need. Just gets you a bad rep.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 1:23am
post #7 of 7

I give my brides the option, just like whether they want to include the top tier in servings or keep it. Some brides want the cake to be a certain size and don't want to include the groom's cake in servings. For brides on a budget, we will include it. It all depends on what the bride wants to do - it's her call.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%