Cake Board Problem

Decorating By Ybird Updated 31 Oct 2010 , 10:57pm by -K8memphis

Ybird Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 2

Hi, its time to make the 3-d hot air ballon and i am strugling on how to stack to make sure its stable.

i was wondring how i could attach my dowels so the cake was sturdy as they will be going threw the basket cake that im making for the base and then the dowels will look like the rope holding the ballon above. If i just balance the board on top i think i may have issues of it moving around and not being very save.

if this makes sence any help would be great. thankyou

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 2

I often use one of those clear plastic tubes that fit in the center of those clear plates. I've got a giant chalice somewhere where I used that and you may have to add some additional support like embed the bottom plate under some foam with a hole for the tube. You can get different size plates and different lenghth tubes.

I mean the ropes for the hot air balloon are at an angle and that might not work too good--unless you got one inch wood dowel and had them cut at an angle--they would have to be permanently attached to a bottom board--like fit into wooden slots or something. That's much more engineering.

Well they could be straight up & down too I guess--I don't know--tons of different ways to do this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%