Cake Disappointment....

Decorating By abunintheoven Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 4:42am by abunintheoven

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 4:13am
post #1 of 4

Not sure where to begin besides the fact that I have read about cake disappointments many times on CC. And today I had mine. 3-tier hot pink/zebra stripe cake for sweet 16. Did what I always do. SPS system always. started stacking and the tiers started to round out on the sides. Pink coloring did not match up from the border on the bottom, to the pink middle tier to the top cut out cicles! aghhhhh! Fondant bow completely rips itself off as I pick it up to deliver it. Completely feel like a non-professional infront of the client as I try to reassemble the bow in front of her (falling off again....used royal icing as adhesive)...never had this done before with my previous bows. did not have the greatest luck with the top 6-inch. frosted and removed & frosted it again 3 times. cracking buttercream. let's see...what else. just not very happy with myself and hard to move on. others in my house do not understand the countless hours you put into a cake so I am whining here icon_smile.gif thanks for reading. at least i know i am not the first one to be so disappointed in myself........
the client seemed to be happy once all was done and bow fixed! and now it is an hour after the party ended and it's just crumbs on the plate anyway..... icon_smile.gif

3 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 4:34am
post #2 of 4

darn it! sometimes they just go like that.. glad it seems like it worked out in the end

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 6:06am
post #3 of 4

yep, sometimes it just happens that way. icon_cry.gif I did a small cake for a friend and was ready to throw the 6" tier across the room; re-iced it 3 or 4 times. Never hated a cake so much in my life. The very next cake was my son's wedding cake and that 6" was iced almost in one swoop! icon_lol.gif

Why can't they all do the "one swoop" thing? icon_lol.gif

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:42am
post #4 of 4

Thank you! Haven't heard a word so I am guessing no news is good news! (and that darn bow was practically cemented on by the time i left!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%