Pricing For Individual Cakes.

Decorating By jessielou Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 3:21am by -K8memphis

BluntlySpeakingKarma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:35pm
post #31 of 61

Lol, that's lavender Belgian chocolate and shortbread crust cheesecake we're talkin' bout though!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:37pm
post #32 of 61

LOL. I know. I still don't feel like paying almost $200 for it...if I take the train, I will save $25.

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 7:50pm
post #33 of 61

I like the visual for the cake slice...that's a great idea - Indy.

I would fully expect the per serving guide to apply when pricing. I just wondered how many times people upgrade size to accomodate a larger slice. Basically, preference data.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 11:48pm
post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvMarie

I like the visual for the cake slice...that's a great idea - Indy.

I would fully expect the per serving guide to apply when pricing. I just wondered how many times people upgrade size to accomodate a larger slice. Basically, preference data.

I had it happen frequently. thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:55am
post #35 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCakes10

Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis

Another issue--6" cakes look like toilet paper rolls!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Really? Never noticed that before. Usually, done nicely, they look like cute little cakes.

So it appears you've only seen them decorated? Perhaps you've never seen multiples sitting around iced & undecorated?

Quote:

I think flowery, over piped busy sheetcakes look old fashioned and frumpy. Old ladyish. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

What is this comment germaine to in this thread?

Here's what you said about me in another thread:

Quote:

Sounds like this K8 woman is a bit of an instigator and a 'poor me' person? Looks like she takes pieces of posts and cuts and pastes to look good for her cause, which so far, ain't jack. If I'm wrong, my apologies.

Quote:

Just an observation from nearly every thread I've read today. No biggie, I don't know the personalities on here yet. Help me out man!

I've asked you this before--why am I so important to you?

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:30am
post #36 of 61

Oh Good Lord, forget it! Get over yourself woman! If you can insult 6" cakes that I rather fancy but complain about someone saying your precious sheetcakes aren't their style, something ain't right, eh?

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:35am
post #37 of 61

No you're right K8, I mean I'm sure the OP meant to put out multiple uniced and undecorated cakes for a wedding, I'm sure of it. How lovely.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:38am
post #38 of 61
Quote:

Oh Good Lord, forget it! Get over yourself woman! If you can insult 6" cakes that I rather fancy but complain about someone saying your precious sheetcakes aren't their style, something ain't right, eh?

Actually, there is a big difference in someone making a generalized statement aimed at a general size of cakes, than to someone making a very pointed remark at an individual's presentation of a genre of cake they do not generally enjoy.

You are referrering to CostumeCzar's very pointed remark at a particular cake of K8's, while K8's remark was reflective of no individual's work or particular cake in general. There is a big difference.

Some people on this thread seem to have a big problem with K8, and I really don't understand it. I saw Kara's presentation on the news and thought she was totally above all this nonsense of bullying one CC member, then I am reminded in other posts that she is not. Then other, "newer" members come in and join in the K8 bashing chorus.

It's tiresome, and unfounded. It's the same old stuff, day after day.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:43am
post #39 of 61
Quote:

I agree that something isn't right.

I really liked my 200 bucks for a similar cake. Nobody has to like my cakes but the folks who pay for'em.

Where is your cake that got insulted? Where are your photos? Where's the chichi work that you said you do?

Why am I so important to you? Who cares what kinda cakes I make?

6 inch cakes can look like tp rolls sometime in their incarnation into something pretty because tp rolls are a similar size and height. It's a common comment that could be heard in any bake shop.

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:47am
post #40 of 61

Oh boy. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Ok K8, I'll confess. You're not important to me, I don't know you from Jack, so uhhhh, let's leave it at that.

Ah, so I see you now say they can "sometimes" look tp-ish when they're undone. Ok, nice clarification! So I guess sheetcakes can look good when they aren't flowery and overdone. Guess we're all settled up now.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:53am
post #41 of 61

No not really--you're the same one from before I left because you mentioned twinkies in a recent post 'welcoming' me. You are fixated on me for some reason.

I used to have something about twinkies in my signature. You're Brownie Batterer form days gone by.

Where's your photos if you're not a recurring troll? You said you worked in a chichi shop. Got photos?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:01am
post #42 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GCakes

[You are referrering to CostumeCzar's very pointed remark at a particular cake of K8's, while K8's remark was reflective of no individual's work or particular cake in general. There is a big difference.

Some people on this thread seem to have a big problem with K8, and I really don't understand it. I saw Kara's presentation on the news and thought she was totally above all this nonsense of bullying one CC member, then I am reminded in other posts that she is not. Then other, "newer" members come in and join in the K8 bashing chorus.

It's tiresome, and unfounded. It's the same old stuff, day after day.

Hey, leave me out of this! Can I point out that when I said that I didn't like that particular cake K8 posted she didn't say who made it, and accusing me of bullying anyone is slightly ridiculous based on that. That style of piping isn't my taste, so I said that it wasn't my taste. If someone had posted a picture of a giant fountain cake I would have said that wasn't my taste, too!

Not that anyone can go back and look at that since the thread was deleted. I guess we could look at the google archive but I don't feel like it. I do like table cakes, if that has anything to do with anything.

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:04am
post #43 of 61

None of your business! You can either believe it or not, not my worry. Is it only ok that someone be a member with a thousand or posts before they're called a troll? I see "established" members make questionable comments all the time, but seems like it's ok because they're old timers or generals or something. And i can't imagine what your Twinkie signature would have been in reference to on a cake forum, but again, not my worry.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:12am
post #44 of 61

It's not deleted--it's locked.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-700875.html

The people I think got insulted would be the bakery owners and the chick who asked if the op could decorate up to par. To me it was less than tasteless that someone would jump in and dis a specific bakery for no reason.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:17am
post #45 of 61
Quote:

None of your business! You can either believe it or not, not my worry. Is it only ok that someone be a member with a thousand or posts before they're called a troll? I see "established" members make questionable comments all the time, but seems like it's ok because they're old timers or generals or something. And i can't imagine what your Twinkie signature would have been in reference to on a cake forum, but again, not my worry.

It's not that you can remember my exact signature, it's that you used the reference--busted!

You're the same you, change the name, the person is the same.

Show us your photos and you'll be 'troll free'. Hey you'd get to prove me wrong--your favorite!

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:22am
post #46 of 61

Hey no problem. Get one of the actual site administrators, which from what I can tell, you aren't one, to tell me to prove who I am, and then we'll talk, Until then, I don't see where you are in charge of policing members.

3GCakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:22am
post #47 of 61

Kara, I respect you, so if I mischaracterized your remark against a specific K8 cake, I apologize. Most CC members, I would think, under normal circumstances....post such a cake as a representation of what a certain genre could achieve upon best circumstances......I know you are an intelligent person...so let's just assume you KNEW whose cake it was. To pretend you didn't know whose cake it was seems silly. Even if you want to PRETEND you didn't know, you KNEW it was very possibly someone on CC, even if you don't want to pretend it was K8's. Maybe sounds Lawyer-ish...but so did your denial.

Anyway...I would hope that lessons can be learned, grudges can be buried....knowledge can be shared. Can't it? I mean do we all have to bear with this back-and-forth forever between you, K8, and the resurgent members of your crew or those who seem to re-surge when you speak??

No, I can't quote the original thread...but many all ready know the spirit.

ANd yes, your crew all have the freedom of posting whatever they want anonymously...as does K8 but she chooses not too.

What are we all to do?

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:26am
post #48 of 61
Quote:

It's not deleted--it's locked.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-700875.html

The people I think got insulted would be the bakery owners and the chick who asked if the op could decorate up to par. To me it was less than tasteless that someone would jump in and dis a specific bakery for no reason.

Ahha, last time I checked, it wasn't there.

Since it's back, I suggest that you go back and reread the whole thing, and tell me where it is that I "dissed" a specific bakery (I assume that you're saying I'm the one who did that.)

You seem to disappear and reappear on this board on a regular basis, K8, and you always seem to follow me around and take things that I post out of context. You're also the one who seems to insult me...Calling me Junior high and saying that I didn't respond fast enough to one of your posts so I'm not a good quality for this board? I'm tired of your harassment. Sorry if my sense of humor doesn't go over well with you, but I can't help that. You seem to want to read things into everything that I post, and it gets tiring. I try to help people out by answering questions on here, etc etc, but when I start getting called a bully because someone disagrees with something I post it makes it less appealing.

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:31am
post #49 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GCakes

Kara, I respect you, so if I mischaracterized your remark against a specific K8 cake, I apologize. Most CC members, I would think, under normal circumstances....post such a cake as a representation of what a certain genre could achieve upon best circumstances......I know you are an intelligent person...so let's just assume you KNEW whose cake it was. To pretend you didn't know whose cake it was seems silly. Even if you want to PRETEND you didn't know, you KNEW it was very possibly someone on CC, even if you don't want to pretend it was K8's. Maybe sounds Lawyer-ish...but so did your denial.

Anyway...I would hope that lessons can be learned, grudges can be buried....knowledge can be shared. Can't it? I mean do we all have to bear with this back-and-forth forever between you, K8, and the resurgent members of your crew or those who seem to re-surge when you speak??

No, I can't quote the original thread...but many all ready know the spirit.

ANd yes, your crew all have the freedom of posting whatever they want anonymously...as does K8 but she chooses not too.

What are we all to do?

I honestly didn't know that it was her cake. I just looked at the picture and said my opinion. And it seems to be K8 that comes back whenever I speak, quite frankly. I have no "crew" that I know of. If I do then they didn't tell me about it.

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:34am
post #50 of 61

Hey k8, my apologies, I can't participate in something so ridiculous as this back and forth with you, it's just too weird, and frankly, well just disturbing. I'm not a troll, not someone you think you know, just got caught up in your argumentative weirdness. So, please disregard anything I said, and I'll make it a point to steer clear of you from now on.

3GCakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:41am
post #51 of 61
Quote:

Hey k8, my apologies, I can't participate in something so ridiculous as this back and forth with you, it's just too weird, and frankly, well just disturbing. I'm not a troll, not someone you think you know, just got caught up in your argumentative weirdness. So, please disregard anything I said, and I'll make it a point to steer clear of you from now on.

Karma, you've had some very good things to add to conversations on here, you have very useful knowledge.

Why does it all get mired in hating K8?

If you really have a grudge against K8, then I respect that. We'll see if you really try to steer clear of her from now on...though... I would also hope that means that you will not try to demean her opinion/and/or comment at every turne. I'm not sure what is so repulsive and threatening about K8 that would make anyone want to?

I respect your choice. And I look forward to no more of this nonsense.

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:43am
post #52 of 61

That's just it 3G, I don't have a thing against her, I just got caught up in arguing with her, trust me, I won't anymore! This is a cool place. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:43am
post #53 of 61

op says---I was not really interested in this place to begin with because their work is not that great, but it is an actual baker and I thought I could maybe get some experience. Well, the first thing she asked me was how long would it take me to ice and decorate a quarter sheet cake with a dozen roses and double borders? I told her about 20 to 30 minutes. I mean I am really quick to whip out roses but I generally want them to look nice. Well, she told me that the correct answer was 5 MINUTES!

Kara says--

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Hmmm...I'd say that you could whip out the roses pretty fast, ice the cake pretty fast, but make it look halfway decent? No sheet cake with icing roses looks good, so I'll assume that this is a trick question. icon_twisted.gif

That's an insult to "the actual baker".

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Got jr high?

I think you own that one.

Ok, I get it you think I'm an old lady in jr high--feel better?
How 'bout leave me alone?

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, I'm not worked up, I think it's funny to be offended over a sheet cake too.

I have a question are you saying you think it's funny to be offensive about a cake?

You laughed about being offensive what is that called? Bullying-

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:46am
post #54 of 61

Yep, here you go.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:55am
post #55 of 61
Quote:

Since it's back, I suggest that you go back and reread the whole thing, and tell me where it is that I "dissed" a specific bakery (I assume that you're saying I'm the one who did that.)

You seem to disappear and reappear on this board on a regular basis, K8, and you always seem to follow me around and take things that I post out of context.

You asked me to show you--you can't cry foul if I'm answering your question.

I left once.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:57am
post #56 of 61

Wow. They've already locked one thread over this same nonsense. Can we give it up already?

EvMarie Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:08am
post #57 of 61

Do we have a "twisted knickers" discussion forum?

Thanks - cupcake_cutie for speaking up.

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:12am
post #58 of 61

I don't even know why I got dragged into this thread, but I'm done, don't worry.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:16am
post #59 of 61

Do you understand that I have been hounded? That's why I left. Yes it is unpleasant. I'd really like to get to the end of it too. But I'm not gonna crawl off in the corner and let myself get run over.

I'd like to thank 3G for speaking up.

Y'all go 'head and give up whatever you need to, I'm gonna stand up for me.

EvMarie Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:19am
post #60 of 61

To all those inclined to bicker -

Ever watch a man die? I'm sure some have gone through this. But, it's been a new experience for me...and a recent one. It takes your breath away to be so helpless.

I come to cakecentral to learn about baking....it gets my mind off things and hopefully will help me grow.

Seriously, let's all try to keep our eye on the ball -- - - -

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%