Need Help Quick!

Decorating By kathy777 Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 9:39pm by BlakesCakes

kathy777 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 5

i have this cake do tonight..She wanted a rollerskate on top so i deceided to make one out of royal icing and color flow. I made it and let it set for awhile.. The color flow wont set..Any suggestions on how to make this set ? and FAST!! i tried to put it in the freezer It set overnight if anyone was wondering<

4 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 5

Is it not setting at all or just very slowing? Try putting it under a lamp that gives off some heat (like a desk lamp) - but not too close.

Just wondering, why did you put it in the freezer. I've never heard of using this method to dry RI.

snowshoe1 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 5

Oops - should have added...if it comes down to it and it won't dry, maybe you can use candy melts instead of RI. These will set up quickly in the fridge - like a few minutes.

kathy777 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 5

ty very much..I don't know why i put it in the freeze figured maby lol it would harden...i don't work that much with royal icing or color flow.. icon_sad.gif but i will try the lamp to dry it out .. ty sooo much..

BlakesCakes Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 5

Color flow decos take anywhere from 2 days to a week to dry completely, depending on the size & thickness of the piece and the humidity.

Putting one in the freezer won't help at all and actually may hurt because freezing water causes it to expand, for crystals, and lead to cracking when defrosted.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%