I'm Off By A Week!

Decorating By CraveBakery Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 12:58pm by DianeLM

CraveBakery Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 3:25am
post #1 of 6

So i was busting my hump trying to get a cake done. I started to defrost my cakes, they were out for about 2 hours, not completely thawed yet. I realized my cake was not due until next Friday. So I put them back in the freezer. Do I need to rebake them, or will they be ok? Also i made buttercream. butter, sugar and water. How long will that last??? icon_sad.gif

5 replies
alleykat1 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 3:39am
post #2 of 6

I think the cakes would be fine but someone else might know better on that.. the frosting will be fine you can refridgerate it and I ususally put it back in my mixer for a minute or two before use if I don't have time to let it come to room temp on its own

icer101 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

yes, your cakes will be fine. I freeze icing all the time. Then i rebeat it with my spatula, when i go to use it.hth

kaat Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 10:53am
post #4 of 6

I feel for you! At least you were off by a week early and not the other way around!
icon_biggrin.gif

CraveBakery Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 6

Well that's good to hear. I was able to fit my johnny tractor topper in a zip lock bag. it's rice krispy treats and fondant. Will that still be good next week, if I leave it at room temp for them to eat? Should i freeze the icing along with the cakes, or just leave it in the fridge? Thanks guys!!!!

DianeLM Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 6

Freeze the cakes and icing. Refrigerating will just case the cake to dry out and go stale. I thaw and refreeze cakes all the time and they're as moist and delicious as the day I baked them. You don't want to go in and out with the same cake too many times, tho. The quality will begin to deteriorate.

Open up that ziploc bag a little. Storing fondant airtight can cause it to soften and wilt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%