Ugh....can This Be Fixed :(

Lounge By madgeowens Updated 30 Oct 2010 , 12:00am by madgeowens

madgeowens Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 15

Decided to try a new mmf recipe, and was in a hurry because i had to go pick up grandson....I used corn syrup, gycerine and cs....and I could not figure why the batch was too small........until a little bit ago it dawned on me.....I forgot the marshmallows..............omg.......can I fix this or is it like really awesome gumpaste.........icon_sad.gif I wonder if I heat up this mound and then throw in melted marshmallows will it be a mushy mess.........what can I do?????

14 replies
fairmaiden0101 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 15

LOL, that is just like something I would do! I remember the time when I made banana splits for company and umm forgot the bananas haha! IMO I would think it would be best to toss it and start again, I am not sure that can be salvaged, seems like even if it could it would not be the right consistency and you would struggle with it-best just to start again.

madgeowens Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 15

wahhhhhhhhhhh......its so nice and soft and lovely.......wonder if it tastes good lol or rolls out noice without feels so nice......grrrrrrrr

julzs71 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:09am
post #4 of 15

I think it can. It's worth a try

madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:10am
post #5 of 15

Evoir Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:27am
post #6 of 15

Marshmallows are cheap - I'd give it a go. I would break up the mound into small pieces then mix them through your molten marshmallow mix. JMHO.

julzs71 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:29am
post #7 of 15

Do you have some leftover powdered sugar? I would try to flaten out the stuff you already have and try to make it a bowl, put the melted marshmellows in it. cover with the powdered sugar, grease the hands and start kneading.

madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 1:29am
post #8 of 15

ok I will have a go at it hehehe.......let ya know what didnt dawn on me until I was at the super ,arket and saw marshmellows that oh $#%$ I forgot to use them lol....I must be getting old er

Evoir Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 2:14am
post #9 of 15

LOL Madge - I think we all have had those kinds of days icon_smile.gif

I remember once finishing a difficult 2-tier cake and just sitting down to put my feet up with a coffee...about 15 minutes later I've jumped up and shrieked "OMG I've forgotten the &%$#@*& dowels!!!!"

Luckily, a fixable mistake (but still a PITA) LOLOL

madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 5:31am
post #10 of 15

OMG you guys worked.........well I don't know how good the fondant is, but it kneaded in just fine after warming it up and spooning marsh in with....thanks so much....

I have done so many weird things I know I could never go back to nursing...I would misplace a patient hahaha

EvMarie Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 6:01am
post #11 of 15

No worries - I almost left the house today to deliver cookies that I forgot to load in the car!!!

Charmaine49 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 6:29am
post #12 of 15

madgeowens, I have seen quite a few posts of yours lately .....
Looks like you are going thru a rough patch right now...think you need to take a break, sit down, have a cup of coffee/tea and just chill out for a few days.

EvMarie, what can I too much on the mind??

Evoir, I just chuckled when I read your post....OMG!! think I would have cried had that been me..

You girls sure keep one going here with all your "quirky" comments.

Keep it up, it makes life very interesting! icon_biggrin.gif

Jillfcs Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 8:37am
post #13 of 15

Im right there with you ladies I call it the pause menopause that is! How the heck did I ever raise three kids while running a business?

Evoir Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 10:43pm
post #14 of 15

I know right?

I said to my husband the other night that I don't think they I have ever worked harder and been more busy than I am now! And the business (home-based) was meant to be something I could do from home, be here for the kids etc etc...these days I look back fondly on my fulltime job as a PT and well, kind of long for the spare time, LOL! I guess adding kids into the equation tends to make any job busier icon_smile.gif I have to say I have never been happier with my 'career' than I am now running my business.

Madge - yay! I am happy you salvaged your MMF icon_smile.gif

And as for menopause...yeah, can't blame that old chestnut just yet. Even went to see my doctor b/c I thought I was having early onset menopause, but apparently the tests say no! So, its just plain early onset dementia for me icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 12:00am
post #15 of 15

lol I dont know, I was not this wifty when I was younger...jeeze.....tonight I went to soften butter to spread on toast, and it was pourable till I remembered it lol......well this is a new mmf recipe, so if its weird I ownt blame the recipe quite yet lol....but it looks great

Quote by @%username% on %date%