Daughters B-Day On Monday...heeelllp!

Decorating By TressieJo Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 5:12am by TressieJo

TressieJo Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all, my little girl is turning 8 on Monday and I am going to attempt a cake with the royal icing tiara. icon_eek.gif Can someone give me a good recipe for royal icing that will be "strong" enough to construct the tiara? Also, I have only found 1 tiara template, anyone know where I might find a few templates? Thanks so much! icon_surprised.gif

5 replies
Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 6

Here is a royal icing recipe;

3 tablespoons meringue powder
4 cups (about 1 lb.) powdered sugar
6 tablespoons warm water

I prefer gumpaste, or fondant or 50/50 myself, I get more of a uniform finish. But that's just me.

Good Luck and post a picture

snowshoe1 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 6

Here is my fav for when I need really strong RI (e.g. stringwork, etc...):

- 8 oz. powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp gum arabic

- break up the egg white with your paddle attachment for about 20 seconds; sift PS and gum arabic together, add to mixing bowl and mix on low speed for 8 - 10 minutes.

Have you searched the templates gallery on CC for tiaras? There are quite a few out there.

traci_doodle Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 6

Searching for templates is a good idea. I'm guessing this isn't what you're looking for, but just in case, here are some tiaras I have found for cupcake-sized tiaras. But you might be able to make them bigger for a cake.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1439281

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1439279

TressieJo Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 5:12am
post #5 of 6

Thanks all! I didnt know there was a template section! Will post pics icon_smile.gif

TressieJo Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 5:12am
post #6 of 6

Thanks all! I didnt know there was a template section! Will post pics icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%