Cake Boss - Refrigeration

Lounge By Cathy26 Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 9:03am by cabecakes

Cathy26 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hey, I love watching Cake Boss - Buddy and all the set up stuff annoys the hell out of me but i do love seeing the cakes.

The thing that interests me is that to me there seems to be so much filling in his cakes but yet none of them bulge? i know he refrigerates a lot and travels in a refrigerated truck but does this really help support that much weight or is he just really brilliant at dowelling?

Also he puts all his finished cakes straight in the cooler with the flowers and decorations etc - will they not have condensation and sweat?

also, finally! how the heck does he carry giant 18 inch bottomed 4 and 5 tier cakes by himself?

Just interested to know everyones thoughts - i know some people refrigerate and others dont on here but the filling thing definitely interests me - i use very very thing layers of bc and jam or lemon curd, etc with my agbay and thats the only way mine dont bulge!

3 replies
Karen421 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:13am
post #2 of 4

Don't know how he can carry all that - other than he is really strong and use to "weight lifting".

I always refrigerate and only have trouble when it's over 100 here. His fillings do look really - really good, especially all the fresh fruit!

Rachie204 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 3:34am
post #3 of 4

I just can't get over how they carry huge cakes on one hand up on the shoulder. I'm sorry I carry my little 9inch cakes with two hands and make my hubby open the door for me. It seems like they are just asking for and accident.

cabecakes Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 9:03am
post #4 of 4

I have trouble carrying a large tier by itself not stacked. I wouldn't begin to dream of carrying a whole cake. I am no weakling either; I have two labs and am accustomed to carrying around 50 pounds of dog food. The last 4 tier I did, I had my daughter help me with 2 tiers of it stacked, and I was scared to death we'd drop it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%