I Feel Rejected!

Decorating By Meagan84 Updated 31 Oct 2010 , 3:14pm by Bluehue

Meagan84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan84 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 27

My son's class had a party today, and the kids decorated pumpkin cookies. I supplied the uniced sugar cookies. There are twelve kids in the class and that's how many cookies they requested. I sent in 15, because there are three teachers. James just came home with the 3 extra cookies! WTH! Even if they didn't want them, I wish they had pretended! I know they were good, I baked extras for the fam, and they're all gone! I don't know why I feel so hurt, but it feels like a gift was given back. icon_sad.gif

26 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 27

Hugs to you! Don't take it personally (the only thing you should take personally are compliments!). They probably thought they were doing the right thing and didn't think about how it would impact your feelings.

Creativebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativebakes Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 27

I use to work in a school and when parents sent things in ....believe me you want to eat them. thumbs_up.gif But maybe they felt bad?

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 27

I'm sure the teachers probably didn't want to eat sweets..and they couldn't evenly divide 3 cookies among the kids.. I've done lots of school and girlscout decorating events..the teachers usually don't want to take anything, and they can't give them to just 3 kids. I'm sure the kids loved decorating the cookies. Next time why don't you volunteer to help and you'll see how much they love your cookies.

hang in there...

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 27

we can't do any edibles at my daughter's school because of allergies but I can tell you even when I send lootbags in with a pencil and eraser the teacher always sends back the extras. Don't take it personally sometimes the teachers just don't have time to think about it and they pack everything up not thinking that the extras may be sent in for them.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 27

I agree...they probably just thought you sent in extra for breakage and wanted to make sure there was enough for your kids to eat the extras at home!

Vkandis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vkandis Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:52pm
post #7 of 27

Honestly I am not sure why you are hurt. They asked for 12 you sent 15. Now I understand you were being generous, which is commendable. However, look at it from their perspective, that they asked for 12 indicates they were for the kids--they did not want any. I am sure they appreciated the sentiment but they did not want them.

You have no idea whether they are on diets, do not like sweets, or simply thought that you sent extra in case of breakage. If I was one of the those teachers I did not plan on cookies for myself I also would not have taken one either. It is not a question of how good they tasted. It is not a reflection on you or your cookies that they did not take one.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:16am
post #8 of 27

Plus. when I was room mother there were lots of parents who suddenly decided to send stuff in without asking first, so the teachers had about three times as much candy/cookes/etc to deal with as we had planned. There may just have been so much they didn't want to eat anything else if they were eating anything at all!

Just think about it...It's three extra cookies for you to eat, that's what I'd do icon_rolleyes.gif !

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:23am
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkandis

Honestly I am not sure why you are hurt. They asked for 12 you sent 15. Now I understand you were being generous, which is commendable. However, look at it from their perspective, that they asked for 12 indicates they were for the kids--they did not want any. I am sure they appreciated the sentiment but they did not want them.

You have no idea whether they are on diets, do not like sweets, or simply thought that you sent extra in case of breakage. If I was one of the those teachers I did not plan on cookies for myself I also would not have taken one either. It is not a question of how good they tasted. It is not a reflection on you or your cookies that they did not take one.

I agree with the breakage thing to.
I have a home daycare and we do cookies as well. Its not that I don't want to have a cookie either I don't have time to have one! And I usually do them after snack and they don't eat them at my house, not because I'm mean icon_razz.gif some parents don't want their kids to eat junk ( and anyone of them who has called my cookies junk doesn't get them again !) icon_razz.gif
Maybe they made them and sent them home to show the parents.

Meagan84 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:51am
post #10 of 27

Y'all made me feel a lot better. I think it was the initial shock of having them returned. After some time went by, I realized it wasn't such a big deal. And, I am glad the kids and I had a nice afternoon snack!

HeyWife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeyWife Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 5:09am
post #11 of 27

I made Halloween cookies for my daughter's field hockey team and when she offered one to the coach she actually said "Ewww NO! That has fat in it!" Won't be offering her anything again.

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 5:32am
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyWife

I made Halloween cookies for my daughter's field hockey team and when she offered one to the coach she actually said "Ewww NO! That has fat in it!" Won't be offering her anything again.

icon_eek.gif WOW I'll take one please.....I have no issues with fat! icon_biggrin.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 7:08am
post #13 of 27

I wouldn't take it personally at all. I helped out at my kids school today....oh wow the chaos! Super excited kids, ice cream cakes, no forks...found forks...where's the parent who bringing the fruit? Ok got the fruit...stop the kid who's throwing popcorn....

Kids dying to open the goodie bags they are suppose to take home. Oh my! Fun fun, but WOW ....kids getting into costumes, parades...kids getting out of costumes. Kids leaving costumes on the floor..... Ok, it wasn't total chaos, the kids were actually great, just super excited. The poor teachers were just trying to make it through the day.

I bet someone just put them into his bag while they were cleaning up and didn't give it another thought. I'm sure they were very much appreciated.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 9:45am
post #14 of 27

On the wider scheme of things -
alot of people didn't wake up this morning
alot of people wish they could eat a biscuit
alot of people whish they could afford to buy a biscuit
alot of people wish they knew how to make a biscuit
alot of people don't have children to send to school with biscuits.
alot of people hurt today and it isn't over returned biscuits.

Soooo all that being said - i think the world is very good for you.
Truly, if thats all you have to compain about - don't... think yourself lucky.

Bluehue

Meagan84 Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 2:24pm
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

On the wider scheme of things -
alot of people didn't wake up this morning
alot of people wish they could eat a biscuit
alot of people whish they could afford to buy a biscuit
alot of people wish they knew how to make a biscuit
alot of people don't have children to send to school with biscuits.
alot of people hurt today and it isn't over returned biscuits.

Soooo all that being said - i think the world is very good for you.
Truly, if thats all you have to compain about - don't... think yourself lucky.

Bluehue

Bluehue, I know things are rough in the world. I know my life is GREAT and I am BLESSED. That's why I'm glad that we have places like CakeCentral where we can go with our frivolous little problems. icon_wink.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 3:01pm
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan84

Bluehue, I know things are rough in the world. I know my life is GREAT and I am BLESSED. That's why I'm glad that we have places like CakeCentral where we can go with our frivolous little problems. icon_wink.gif

I agree. If people can't let out their "frivolous" feelings, they'd wind up bottling everything up and becoming cranky and self-righteous like...oh I can't think of anyone off the top of my head...

But seriously, I would be more insulted if they sent back two cookies, rather than three. If they sent back the three extra, that means they didn't taste any. So they can't be making a comment on your cookies. However, if they sent back two of the three extra...you see what I mean?

Meagan84 Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm
post #17 of 27

Artscallion, two returned would have been upsetting! I've really decided it wasn't that big of a deal. There were probably a lot of goodies going around and maybe they had just had their fill of sugar! Or maybe they were a little busy chasing around 12 3 and 4 year olds! lol

Bluehue Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 4:30pm
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

Quote:

I agree. If people can't let out their "frivolous" feelings, they'd wind up bottling everything up and becoming cranky and self-righteous like...oh I can't think of anyone off the top of my head...
Who me???? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
No, i'm not self righteous, i just see a bigger picture thats all.
Bottled up over 3 cookies icon_confused.gif ......pleaseeeee, spare me.

Anybody would think 3 cookies was enough to make the world tiilt off its axis.
If the OP was that upset (as she claimed) then why not ask the teachers.
Pretty simple answer to such a huge problem - one would think. icon_rolleyes.gif

Bluehue.

ETA - i just find it very self indulgance and very indignant.
3 cookies icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

But seriously, I would be more insulted if they sent back two cookies, rather than three. If they sent back the three extra, that means they didn't taste any. So they can't be making a comment on your cookies. However, if they sent back two of the three extra...you see what I mean?

Meagan84 Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 6:49pm
post #19 of 27

Bluehue, stop being so self righteous and move on. If it upsets you so much to see someone being so "self indulgence" go to the next post. No one forced you to read this and reply. Your free time can be better spent learning proper grammar and correct spelling. Maybe you didn't bother to read my other posts, but I later went on to say it wasn't such a big deal, I overreacted.

I hate it when someone turns a post into a personal crusade!

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 6:49pm
post #20 of 27

Whenever I tell the teachers I'm sending in food for the kids, and ask how many, they usually say "25 kids ... and me!". And then I send extra for their significant others as well.

Sometimes I will get cupcakes back - there are kids who don't like sweets (believe it or not) or if it's a party, are full and won't take one, and I'm not offended at all. And my DH and kids get the leftovers, so everybody wins!

(But I do understand that some days we're more sensitive to little 'slights' than others, so don't stress over it. Have a cookie!) thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 7:11pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:

Bluehue, stop being so self righteous and move on. If it upsets you so much to see someone being so "self indulgence" go to the next post. No one forced you to read this and reply. Your free time can be better spent learning proper grammar and correct spelling. Maybe you didn't bother to read my other posts, but I later went on to say it wasn't such a big deal, I overreacted.

I hate it when someone wants smoothing for feeling rejected then takes time and energy to reject someone else.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 7:13pm
post #22 of 27

Y'all need to kiss & make up.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 2:23am
post #23 of 27

Don't let it get to you. My sister who is a teacher NEVER eats any home-cooked goods brought in by the kids and/or parents - unless she has personally seen inside their kitchen. You just don't know what environment it was made in! At her previous school there was a respectable-looking parent who brought in home cooking for all the staff every week. My sister was glad she'd never eaten any of it when one day this woman had a garage-sale at her home...my sister went and was absolutely horrified at the state of the house, which was completely squalid inside - her and the friend with her were dry-reaching it was so filthy. I'm not saying your kitchen is not hygienic - not at all...just that without having seen where the cookies were made the teachers may not want to eat them.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 2:42am
post #24 of 27

I feel for ya.

Maybe three kids were absent that day?

I never know how many kids are in my son's classes. One week there is 20, the next 19...they say send in 21 and there are 5 absent. It's a crap-shoot, and I often have bad aim.

Funny thing is...I think all the crap other parents send in are nasty...I mean...really sloppy cupcakes...and smeary cookies and half-melted chocolate whatevers. Yuck.

Yet my stuff is pristine and perfect...doesn't mean it'll get eaten either.

And don't get me started on cake walks...where my pristine cakes are given away to the only kid with a quarter who's not worshipping the bouncy house.

Meagan84 Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 1:49pm
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GCakes

And don't get me started on cake walks...where my pristine cakes are given away to the only kid with a quarter who's not worshipping the bouncy house.

rotfl!!! I feel your pain! The way you put it though, was so funny!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 2:19pm
post #26 of 27

Look at it this way...20 kids in the class...each bring 3 extra cookies...60 extra cookies...whose eating these? That is my math lesson for today...class dismissed.

Bluehue Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 3:14pm
post #27 of 27
Quote:

Bluehue, stop being so self righteous and move on. If it upsets you so much to see someone being so "self indulgence" go to the next post.
No, i can read and comment on which ever post i wish to - thankyou very much.
You put it *out there* for open comment - and i did just that.

No one forced you to read this and reply.
True, but it was and is my perogative to do both
Perhaps you would like it in future if only those who agree with you post a comment to your threads - yes?

Your free time can be better spent learning proper grammar and correct spelling.

- Perhaps in your free time, you might wish to consider that the Queens English is completely different to that of the english typed and spoken in the USofA.
Many a time CC's from the States have commented on *our* written word....being wrong.
They are pronounced differently and spelt differently - NOT WRONG.
Even Candians know that.
Why do you think they went back to their original way of spelling?

This is one of the reasons why Oscar Wilde described America and Britain as "two great nations divided by the same language."

I simply stated my point of view over why someone should not waste their time feeling rejected over 3 small biscuits...
But hey, if that is what fluffs your skirt then go right ahead.

Maybe you didn't bother to read my other posts, but I later went on to say it wasn't such a big deal, I overreacted.
Yep, read it all - thumbs_up.gif

icon_confused.gif - i thought that is what the thread was - *i feel rejected*
Nothing personal - just stating facts about all the millions out there who aren't in a position to feel rejected over 3 small biscuits.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%