Cupcake Tips And Tricks

Decorating By Hammonds Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 6:55pm by shearpamela

Hammonds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hammonds Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 3

I'm new to decorating cupcakes! Would appreciate any tips or tricks to baking them, decorating them, etc. What is the best cupcake batter and icing? Any advice is appreciated!!!! What do you charge?

2 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammonds

I'm new to decorating cupcakes! Would appreciate any tips or tricks to baking them, decorating them, etc. What is the best cupcake batter and icing? Any advice is appreciated!!!! What do you charge?

"Best batter and icing?" this is all preference. I use my normal cake recipes and make them into cupcakes. I use a #20 scoop to fill a standard cupcake liner and then bake for 15-20 mins depending on the recipe. I also use the same icing i use on cakes. What type of icing you use will really depend on what you are used to and what look you're going for. There is everything from a buttercream swirl to fondant, to poured fondant, to ganache, there isn't a limit.

"what do you charge?" I charge the same per cupcake as my per serving price for cakes. I find the serving size is a little less but i have higher labor sincei have to handle each serving seperately unlike a cake when i'm handling multiple servings at the same time. So the customer is getting a little less cake per serving, but i'm covering my time by keeping the same price.

shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 3

Welcome! You may find the dedicated cupcake section to be the most helpful, I browse there a lot.
Also the recipes - there are some who want a dome on their cupcake and others needing a flat surface, and you will find it all!
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%