Have You Heard Of This Magazine?

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 1:59pm by egensinnig

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 7

It's Called "Cake Craft & Decoration.".

It's $100/annually but they offer lots of tutorials and lots of figure and gum paste work.

I likely won't subscribe to Cake Central Mag again and I do like to just browse magazines sometimes. The tutorials and all are a plus.

They offer an open ended subscription too so you can try it for 3 months... Definitely an option.

But before I go there... just want to know if anyone gets it and what your opinion is. http://www.expressmag.com/en-US/magazines/product/description/cake-craft-deco/533/

6 replies
dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 7

I have received this magazine for 3 years now and still can hardly wait for it to come each month. Great photos, great tutorials. Would highly recommend it!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 7

I just told my DH I wanted to start getting this, I am so glad you posted this question!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 7

I went ahead and ordered the "open ended subscription" since it is the same price as 12 months. $25 for a "trial run" of 3 months.

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 7

I love this one too.
Love the tutorials. I'll be asking for the subscription for Christmas. Again.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 7

I also have a subscription, it's a British magazine. From memory all the recipes are in grams and kgs, I'm pretty sure they don't put the conversion to ozs/lbs or cups. But the tutorials are great there are 3 or 4 per magazine and flower tutorials as well. They have photo send in competitions in it but wouldn't know if they open it up to competitors outside the UK.

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:59pm
post #7 of 7

I also have a subscription for this magazine. I especially love the flower tutorials. The cakes are bit to simple and naive for my taste but I've still picked up a few interesting techniques from it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%