auntmamie Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:39am
post #1 of

So, for my nephews classroom on Friday, his family was instructed to bring lollipops. Being who I am, there is now way I could let him buy Tootsie Roll pops - he was getting "Aunt Amy" style pops. So, I went to AC Moore, got the pumpkin cookie pop pan, 8 bags of candy melts, ribbon, bags, sticks, plastic spider rings, and styrofoam. Oh, and two happy meals so I could use the pails.

I come home, make all the pops. I headed out to do some shopping with my mom, and get home a few hours later. Well, to my horror, some of the pops had been disturbed while I was gone. My cat decided that they were food! 6 pops had licks taken out of them, all the way through! Thankfully I had extra.

Good note, though - none of the pops had milk or dark chocolate - they were white and orange candy melts, and the cats are doing fine, no problems whatsoever.

Lesson learned - sassy likes candy melts!

12 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:23pm
post #2 of

What's the old saying - 'no good deed goes unpunished' icon_sad.gif

Sorry this happened to you as you sound like the perfect aunt! Good to hear the cat is still able to lick away! icon_cool.gif

metria Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:50pm
post #3 of

i made cake pops the other day but had to hide them from my siamese ... i had individually bagged/wrapped them and he loves loves LOVES to chew on ribbon.

Tclanton Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 6:36pm
post #4 of

Sorry for your luck. All the schools around here will not allow you to bring in any baked goods unless they are bought from WalMart - Grocery store - etc. Happy that you made it through it regardless!!!

corpsequeen Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 9:45am
post #5 of

Kittys do the silliest things. Ive learned to either lock the kittens out of the room or dont leave things out if the kittens are out! I once had royal icing butterflies drying on the table and came back to find footprints and licked pieces missing! I had to start over with a new batch. Lesson learned!! icon_razz.gif

Herekittykitty Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 4:39pm
post #6 of

My cat LOVES frosting. As soon as she figures out I'm making frosting she is at my feet begging. AMBC, SMBC, Indydebi, she doesn't care, just GIMMIE!

I have woken up to a cake on due day with huge portions of it naked. Needless to say there were some angry words and new cake.

She also likes mashed potatoes. Wierd Moggy.

Dayti Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmamie

Oh, and two happy meals so I could use the pails.

I like this icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 11:29pm
post #8 of

Bad kitty..... gotta love un though. icon_smile.gif

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

FrostingKrista Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 12:13am
post #9 of

I thought my cat was weird for her new found love of frosting...Glad to know she's not alone...lol She never used to bother with it before and then I left a couple of extra Halloween cupcakes out for my husband and came home from work to find half the frosting eaten off it! Atleast I know I have a fan of my baking...lol icon_smile.gif

adventuregal Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 4:40am

darn cats! lol I know sooner or later I'm going to come home to one of my 4 dogs having eaten a cake. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

vtcake Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 4:00am

Cats do not belong near food.

Roxiecat123 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 10:02pm

Sorry that happened! I know the feeling though.
Once I spent 6 hours on a really nice cake, left the house for about a half an hour, came back and the cats had played "who can make the most kitty paw prints in the cake" game. lol. I guess the saying "curiosity killed the cat" was almost true. icon_wink.gif

Herekittykitty Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 11:17pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

Cats do not belong near food.

icon_rolleyes.gif Of course they don't. But you must not have a cat. Cats want, cats get and there really isn't a dang thing you can do about it, no matter how hard you try. They are crafty little buggers.

I have finally found a cat proof space in my house to store cakes & frosting.

And before you flay me, I don't sell cakes, friends and family only - they are well aware I have a cat and that I take precautions to keep my cakes clean.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%