Ri

Baking By nopleazn Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 4:07am by EvMarie

nopleazn Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 5

Hi all, I have made some NFSC and they came out wonderful, but the problem I'm having is with the RI.. I can't seem to decorate the cookies to well the RI is either to runny or to hard.. HELP.. Lol What should I do?

4 replies
gingerbreadtogo Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:36am
post #2 of 5

If it's too runny, you can add some sifted powdered sugar. Too hard add small amount of water at a time until consistancy is what you want. Are you flooding cookie or outlining? For flooding there is a 10 second rule.. when you lift spoon of RI and let it run back into bowl, it should take 10 seconds to blend back in. I outline then flood with same consistancy. If I'm doing detail after flood, I let it dry then I use a little thicker consistancy to outline detail.. Hope that helps ..

nopleazn Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:41am
post #3 of 5

Yes this does help, I have no problem with flooding it's the darn outline and detail that is kicking by butt.. LOL

gingerbreadtogo Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:50am
post #4 of 5

I have a plastic container of sifted PS near by when I decorate cookies, Just so I can thicken it if I need to for the detail.

EvMarie Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 4:07am
post #5 of 5

I'm newer to decorating cookies too. It takes a few times of mixing the icing and trying it out. You'll get the feel for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%