Celtic Design On Wedding Cake...

Decorating By hsmomma Updated 1 Nov 2010 , 1:42am by Ursula40

hsmomma Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 12:01am
post #1 of 10

Just wanted some opinions on the best way to do a celtic knot design all the way around a wedding cake tier. The wedding cake will be a taupe color fondant with an off white celtic design. I originally had thought about stenciling the design all the way around each tier. But, I'm wondering if it might look better with a fondant cut out design. I do have my cricut (but no celtic cartridge or computer program to download). Wondering if I should invest in the program to download and cut it out. ~Or~ do you think the stenciling would look better? Or is there cutters that you have seen in the design that would work? I'm going to get busy looking on the internet...but, was hoping for opinions.
I've got a bit of time to figure it out...not due until December. But, I'm looking ahead in case I need to order anything.
Thanks!

adding: Or, maybe I could use a scrapbook stamp?

9 replies
sheilabelle Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:54am
post #2 of 10

On a cake that I made with a celtic love knot, I used flexible royal icing to make the knot. The day before I need it, I printed out my design, placed it under some wax paper, and piped on the flexible royal icing (its The Baker's Kitchen gumpaste mixed that can be made into flexible royal icing). It works great!

Evoir Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 10

You could emboss, or cut out and then stick on gumpaste/fondant celtic knot designs using the Patchwork Cutters Celtic design packet. I have used them and like them a lot!

808hedda Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilabelle

On a cake that I made with a celtic love knot, I used flexible royal icing to make the knot. The day before I need it, I printed out my design, placed it under some wax paper, and piped on the flexible royal icing (its The Baker's Kitchen gumpaste mixed that can be made into flexible royal icing). It works great!

sheilabelle is this a recipe or a product if i may ask?

sheilabelle Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 10

This is a product. Here is a link to it: http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/search.aspx?find=gumpaste+mix

JenniferMI Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 10

Pm me.... I know of a really nice silicone mold.

Jen icon_smile.gif

PinkLisa Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 10

I used Sure Cuts Alot to make my own pattern that went the whole way around the cake and then cut it with cricut. The picture is in my photos.

infinitsky Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Pm me.... I know of a really nice silicone mold.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Jen, if it is not too much that I am asking for do you mind sharing the mold with us too? icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 10

Sorry, because of CC rules, I can't say in the forums. I can let you know if you PM me though.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 1:42am
post #10 of 10

Great molds available here

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/estore.php?category=molds

now if shipping weren't so prohibitive to here (I live in Ch*ina), I would order most of them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%