Hockey Jersey?

Decorating By King-Girlz Updated 30 Oct 2010 , 2:36am by trishvanhoozer

King-Girlz Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to make a hockey jersey out of a 11x14 sized pan. I have never cut cake before and not quite sure how to do this? Am I taking a strip off the bottom to make it sleeves? What is the easiest way to go about this for a beginner? Any suggestions?
Thanks so much...

4 replies
DeezTreatz Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 12:57am
post #2 of 5

Hey KG!

As long as your pan is a rectangle shape you should be fine - no carving or cutting!
Unless you want to put a filling bake two layers.
Just ice as you would a regular cake - put fondant on your rectangle cake as any other normal method - and add extra fondant for the sleeves - and other decorations on the jersey!

Here are other directions - The picture itself looks like a perfect guideline!

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-hockey-jersey-cake-21.html

King-Girlz Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 5

Well that's not so bad!!!! I was freaking out thinking I had to cut and sculpt cake! WHEW!
Thanks so much!

DeezTreatz Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 1:10am
post #4 of 5

Good luck! Post pics!! icon_smile.gif

trishvanhoozer Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 2:36am
post #5 of 5

I have made a few football jerseys in the past (two on my photos page) and I actually went and bought an 18 month sized child's jersey (the team doesn't matter, however since we are avid Steelers fans, I got what we love) and used it to make a template. I just laid it flat on a large poster board and traced it. I used my 14 inch square pan and baked two layers, torted and stacked and froze, then put my template and carved it out. Then after the original carve, i sculpted a little curve in the lower back area and around the sleeves - on both of my cakes I did the sleeves different, and the one where there are offset actually looks so much better but they were both very simple to do. Cover with B/C (I used chocolate frosting because the fondant I was using was black) and then I cut out a fondant round for the outside of the sleeve. It really was very simple to carve and I would think that you would be surprised at the simplicity of it. It was fun and I had great results. It was one of the very first carving cakes I did and it started me out to so many more possibilities.

Hope you have fun with it!
Trish

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%