Make Large Batches Of Rk Like Buddy?

Baking By sugarcheryl Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 10:55pm by cheatize

sugarcheryl Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering how do you make large batches of RK like Cake Boss and they come out so flat and square?

6 replies
Debi2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 7

I've put mine in sheet cake pans and rolled them out with a rolling pin to make them flat and even. This worked out really well for me. Hope this helps.

tracycakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 7

They probably buy them in sheets like that.

Cakegirl313 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 7

Actually they do buy the commercial brand ones. They come in really large sheets. I actually saw Mauro opening one of them with he teeth on one of the episodes. I've never seen them in stores but I know you can order them online.

leily Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi2

I've put mine in sheet cake pans and rolled them out with a rolling pin to make them flat and even. This worked out really well for me. Hope this helps.

This is how i do my regular RKT too. The ones i sell are always 2" thick so i fill up my 12x18 pan and then roll over them to make it even. I let them cool in the pan for about 30 minutes and then Turn the pan over onto a cutting board, then finish letting them cool before cutting them.

If i'm making them to mold then i just let them cool a little bit in the pan until i can handle them then start molding.

sugarcheryl Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 7

That makes sense that they buy them because there is no way to make that large amount and they have to use it so often. Thanks guys.

cheatize Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi2

This is how i do my regular RKT too. The ones i sell are always 2" thick so i fill up my 12x18 pan and then roll over them to make it even. I let them cool in the pan for about 30 minutes and then Turn the pan over onto a cutting board, then finish letting them cool before cutting them.

If i'm making them to mold then i just let them cool a little bit in the pan until i can handle them then start molding.

I just did it this way for the first time a couple of weeks ago, but without the rolling pin. I used my hand (covered with a sandwich baggie to spread them around a bit. Then, once I had them fairly even, I flipped the pan over onto a piece of wax paper and pressed down to make them perfectly even.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%