Buddy's "seal Of Approval" Or Not?!?!?

Lounge By multilayered Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 4:48pm by kansaslaura

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 9

I have to say that I am incredibly disappointed with the "Cake Boss'" Facebook page. They held a contest over a month ago claiming that Buddy would pick 3 cakes for his "Seal of Approval" and NOTHING ever came of it!!! Several decorators including myself have asked many times when "buddy" is planning on selecting the 3 pic's and they have NEVER answered!! I find this incredibly rude. I submitted several pictures for consideration and so did thousands of other decorators and I think we at least deserved an answer regarding what was going on. At this point I am pretty confident that they will not be three pictures selected...maybe "Buddy" did not want some of the other decorators (who are more talented than he is) to be showcased??? I'm not talking about myself by the way lololol!!!! Whatever the reasoning was it is a huge disappointment and I wish I was computer literate because I would honestly like to UNLIKE his pagethumbsdown.gif

8 replies
NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 9

Thousands of decorators sending thousands of pictures. Man who owns a successful business, who has a pregnant wife and is trying to release a book. I think you answered yourself as to why it's been a month. That's actually not that long if you think about it.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 9

How to "UNLIKE" a page on facebook--Open your profile page. Scroll down --look on the left, you'll see "LIKES" click on the number of likes you have.. (Mine says: 72 Likes). When it opens up the list, find the one you want to delete. Open it, scroll down on the left side again and one of the the last things you'll see on the left-hand side is "UNLIKE" click on that.. and viola!

I'm just tired of Buddy and the whole mess, personally. Tooooo much silliness and drama for me. I want substance, technique, not screaming and yelling. I was raised by a screaming and yelling mother and I cannot stand it anymore, and don't find it entertaining.

multilayered Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 9

It's not just the fact that it's been a month...It's the fact that the MOD on the page has REFUSED to answer any of the NUMEROUS inquiries about the contest. If it is going to take over a month than have the decency to answer the "fans"!and tell them !!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 9

I submitted pictures too but I'm sure they are too busy to actually judge them. I started scrolling through them myself and it took forever!!!!!

I'm not worried about it...no money involved...I don't care. haha.

I don't like the show anyway...as someone else said...too much yelling! I have four boys...if I want to hear yelling, I'll set them all loose wrestling on the living room floor....and sometimes I hear plenty of yelling even if I DON'T want to hear it. It doesn't appeal to me to watch it on tv, too. Plus they really manufacture alot of fake "emergencies" on that show.

If they pick a winner for the "seal of approval"...great! If not...I honestly can say I don't care....it won't change the quality of my work to have his "seal" on it, nor will it change how my customers feel about me.

multilayered Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

How to "UNLIKE" a page on facebook--Open your profile page. Scroll down --look on the left, you'll see "LIKES" click on the number of likes you have.. (Mine says: 72 Likes). When it opens up the list, find the one you want to delete. Open it, scroll down on the left side again and one of the the last things you'll see on the left-hand side is "UNLIKE" click on that.. and viola!

I'm just tired of Buddy and the whole mess, personally. Tooooo much silliness and drama for me. I want substance, technique, not screaming and yelling. I was raised by a screaming and yelling mother and I cannot stand it anymore, and don't find it entertaining.

THANK YOU!!! And I honestly am not a big fan of the show either, I don't care about your screaming family ( I have one of my own) I just want to see the cakes. Give me Amazing Wedding Cakes anydayicon_smile.gif

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 9

Again, busy people. It happens and we shouldn't take it personally. There's no point to it. I'd understand if this was a contest with a major award, or a chance to be on the show, but really...in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 9

I have a fan page for my cakes on facebook and facebook does not tell you when someone sends you a message, you have to search your page to see if anyone posted anything on your wall or commented on a picture. Its very frustrating. They might not even see the comments you have left???

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Plus they really manufacture alot of fake "emergencies" on that show.

Don't get me started....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%