Making A Head With Jelly Brains?

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 5:26pm by julzs71

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a standing zombie, he'll stand at just about 30 inches tall. This means his head is 3.75" and will be on a PVC to secure into the shoulder joint that I built.

The head will be made of RKT's, carved a bit, then modeling chocolate and fondant. What I was thinking would be fun would be to freeze some jelly or jello into a sphere and then put the rkt's around it. As it melts it would be gooey.

My concerns are 1) the jelly will seep down the pvc which would eventually drip out of his crotch area (hey it's true!) 2) the Jelly will seep into the rkt's and soften them up and his head will fall apart.

I could also just dye the rkt's to make them red, not as exciting, but at least they wouldn't be white. This party is for a boy thats turning 19 and his similarly aged friends. I *know* they will be cutting the head open and I thought surprise goo would be fun. But his head falling off or dripping red out the bottom would be way less fun.

Any thoughts? TIA!!

2 replies
cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 3

What if you lined the cavity with a layer of chocolate? That should form a shell hard enough to prevent jelly leakage. I'd do a test run to see for sure.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 3

i was just watching the today show with hoda and kathy lee and it had a jello brain mold

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%