Square Cupcakes

Baking By cglohr Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 8:22pm by llbesq

cglohr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cglohr Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:13am
post #1 of 8

I want to make square cupcakes. I'm not sure if it would be best to buy a square cupcake pan or to make a sheet cake and use a cookie cutter to cut them out. Any suggestions from someone that has made them? Any advice on square cupcakes? I was going to try to make 2" square cupcakes and cover with fondant.

7 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:28am
post #2 of 8

I guess it depends on if you want them to look like mini square cakes (then cut them out) or like cupcakes with papers (use the shaped pans with liners)....not sure how helpful that is tho!

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:39am
post #3 of 8

Yes,,make a sheet cake THICK..and cut with a square cookie cutter for perfect cuts. Make sure cake is semi frozen for better cuts. Then you still can put wrappers under them. Good luck

lljj-forever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lljj-forever Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 8

I would recommend you a square cupcake case

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-red-bouquet-square-cupcake-case-Pack-15-pcs-/180565827738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0a8fe09a

They don't need pan, and could make the beautiful square cupcakes with some decorations. If you don't need them in urgent, perhaps you could have a try, since they are from a abraod seller icon_razz.gif

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 8

That is a great idea if you have time to order them! Those holders are sooo cute..I might get me some! Thanks for sharing.

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 8

Those wrappers are so cute! I never knew cupcakes wrappers came in squares. icon_smile.gif

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 8

I saw a square cupcake pan earlier this week at Home Goods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%