Halloween Cookie Ideas

Baking By pj22 Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 10:54pm by amarilloyankee

pj22 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 11

I was wondering if anyone has ideas for Halloween cookies. I am planning to make some for my son's class this Thursday and wanted some unique ideas. Nothing too complicated but attractive. I plan to wrap them individually to send home with e kids at the end of the day. I hope to get orders this way when parents see the cookies that the kids take home. It seems like a great opportunity to get my designs out and let people know of my decoration and design abilities.

Please help me with ideas... I was thinking spider web cookies with a spider piped on top. I saw some finger cookies but that would be complicated to make and a bit too much for toddlers! Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

10 replies
DianeLM Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 11

I assume you're not familiar with the "Galleries" section of Cake Central?

Click on the "galleries" tab.

Right below the tabs, choose "search"

Type "Halloween" in the "Search For" field.

Filter by "Cookies"

Or, just type "Halloween Cookies" in the "Search For" field and don't bother with the Filter by field.

apetricek Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 11

I just posted some you can check them out from my profile...I did a few different ones...

Misdawn Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 12:07am
post #4 of 11

I just did four different kinds of cookies posted in my pics.

pj22 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 11

Yes, I looked in the galleries and did not see many different ones... they were the same old pumpkins, witches and ghosts. I was looking for something unique like the ones that Misdawn did.... thanks for posting about them. I really liked the square ones you did.. I might do something like those. Thanks a lot!

amarilloyankee Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:16am
post #6 of 11

Today I made some fun ones. Stuff to put in a witches brew.

Bat wings
dragon scales
cyclopse eyes
chicken feet
witch's nose with wart
vampire teeth
Fingers (posted on here as a tutorial)

I havent decorated them yet (I am learning still this is my 2nd time making cookies to decorate or design for fun)

pj22 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 7:20am
post #8 of 11

Oh wow.. thanks for the ideas amarilloyankee! And thanks so much for the links 7yyrt!! Those are some mindblowing cookies!!! Especially the flickr ones icon_smile.gif

I ended up making spider webs and mummy cookies. Will post pics once I'm done!

amarilloyankee Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 11

I just uploaded the ones I have decorated so far! I think they turned out ok!! icon_smile.gif

snowshoe1 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 6:29pm
post #10 of 11
Originally Posted by amarilloyankee

I just uploaded the ones I have decorated so far! I think they turned out ok!! icon_smile.gif

Nice cookies. The teeth are really cool - are those a cutter?

amarilloyankee Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 10:54pm
post #11 of 11

No they are free hand made...I made little balls and connected them and shaped them! icon_smile.gif They are really cool in person!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%