Need A Filling To Complement Vanilla Kahlua Cake, Please!

Decorating By Motta Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 2:04pm by Chasey

Motta Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 6

The title says it all.....please help me out if you can. Thanks!

5 replies
pinkpiggie78 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 6

There is a recipe on here for Bailey's Irish buttercream... and I used as a filling for a cake with Kahula sryup and coffee BC.

morrisaz2004 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 6

I just made this a Kahlua cake with a Kahlua Cream Cheese filling. I was told by several people that it was the most delicious cake they have ever eaten. It really did taste wonderful. Good luck!

SugarFiend Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 11:57am
post #4 of 6

I agree totally with the Bailey's Irish Cream. I recently made a Bailey's whipped ganache. It was just regular 2:1 ganache, then I added Bailey's to taste and whipped it up. (I heated the Bailey's first to remove the alcohol because it would also be served to kids... I wouldn't bother with this step if it was just for grownups.)

My methods are totally non-scientific, though. Glub-glub-glub. Mix, mix. Taste. Glub-glub. Whip, whip, whip. Taste. Glub. Mix. Hand to hubby to taste. Glub-Glub. Taste. Perfect! icon_lol.gif

Motta Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone! I hadn't thought of Bailey's....I know there's a drink out there with Bailey's and Kahlua but not sure what the name is. I'll give these fillings a "go" and test them out.

Chasey Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 6

Good news for Bailey's lovers....there is now a refrigerated coffee creamer that is Bailey's flavored! No worries about alcohol in the filling. And cheaper. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%