First 3 Tier Cake Due Sat.

Decorating By Jerzeygirl Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 7:26pm by Jerzeygirl

Jerzeygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jerzeygirl Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 5

Hello

I have a 3 tier cake due on Saturday. Halloween/Birthday cake and am very concered about the delivery. My husband will be driving so I can watch and hold the cake, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.
I know to used dowels on the bottom 2 tiers and discs under each cake, then one dowel going all the way through. Any others suggestions would be very helpful. Thank u in advance. Just keep thinking good thoughts!!!

4 replies
fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 5

I have my first three tier cake on Saturday as well - it's also my first wedding cake - yikes.

I'm actually driving the cake unstacked and then stacking at venue. I plan on making sure the cakes stay cool and bringing along an emergency kit with extra frosting / supports / anything else I can think of, just in case something happens.

Good luck!

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

DO NOT HOLD THE CAKE WHILE TRAVELING. Put the cake on a flat surface with a non skid mat under it. The trunk is way better than carrying it. I have a Suzuki Aerio (very tiny car) and deliver all my wedding cakes stacked. They travel in my trunk just fine. If you hold it, it will very like collapse.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 5

i put my stacked cakes in the trunk inside a wide box (lined with non-skid shelf liner) ... then i stuff the trunk around the box so the whole thing can't slide around. hubby never drives when there's a cake on board icon_wink.gif if something goes wrong, i'd much rather blame myself than him.

Jerzeygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jerzeygirl Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 5

Thank so much for your suggestions, I'll let u know how it turns out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%