How To Make An Open Bible Cake

Decorating By AnnGeeV Updated 1 May 2011 , 12:01am by practiceandpatience

AnnGeeV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnGeeV Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 6

Good Afternoon Fellow Cake D's,

I have a little problem. I have been asked to do an open bible groom's cake for a friend. Does anyone have any ideas about how to make an open bible cake? I checked out some of the bible on this site and saw several that I think would be worth trying, but I still need a little help....

So Ladies, does anyone have any suggests?

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 6

hi, i have done it both ways. I have used the wilton open book pan and carved myself. I definetly use the wilton open book pan now. It is so much easier. Why carve , when it is already done for you. I have both sizes now in the open book pan. I have a book here that shows how to carve it. That is what i did the first several times. No more. lol Book pan all the way. hth

jessielou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessielou Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1636173.html

For this I just used 2 sheet cakes side by side. I then carved them so that they were a little more rounded. Then iced and and covered in fondant. Easy peasy! The "pages" are edible images. If you have any specific questions Id be happy to help as much as I can icon_smile.gif Good luck!

AlphaGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlphaGirl Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 6

Wow! That cake is beautiful! Can you please tell me how you made it, especially how you achieved the antique pages effect.

Thanks,
Felicia

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 6

WOW that is a beautiful cake. Please post any tips to the forum as to how you created this. I think it is wonderful.
Molly

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 1 May 2011 , 12:01am
post #6 of 6

http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1213576

This cake was baked in a book pan. the sides were combed to get the pages effect and then brushed with Gold luster dust to get the gilded effect.
the top was covered with fondant with the corners curled up a bit to give a more 3 dimensional page look.
Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%