The New Mini Cricut Cake Is Here

Decorating By conchita Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 8:26pm by bonniebakes

conchita Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:12am
post #1 of 7

provocraft has the new mini cricut cake machine is the same thing but smaller. exclusively at Jo-Anns November 1st but I am not sure if Michaels will sell the mini cricut cake. It looks so cute but I hate my cricut cake I can't get it to work. I try so many things I should sell mine.

6 replies
fruitsnack Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 6:44am
post #2 of 7

I wonder what the difference in price will be. I would never be able to justify the cost of the regular one . . . although if I could squeeze the cost of the mini one into the budget, it might be fun.

KayMc Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 7

I think I'm going to look for the plain Cricut Create on Black Friday, where they're usually around $50. I have the large Cricut Expression for paper crafting, and am reluctant to mix the paper with the fondant/gumpaste. I can buy the cake mats and the deep cut blade and turn the Create into a mini Cake Cricut.

bonniebakes Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 7

does anyone know if the new mini Cake will be able to use the same cartridges and blades as the other machines?

Kitagrl Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 7

It almost sounds cool to have a "mini" but I just think the whole concept is too much of a space and time waster. I can just print stuff off and use an exacto knife if I need a shape, or a cutter....its not going to be worth the few times I'd actually need it.... I spend way too much money on cake supplies as it is. haha.

Had an edible image printer and that was a space and money waster I just order out.

cakestars Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 7

yes, they will use the same cartridges icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 8:26pm
post #7 of 7
Originally Posted by cakestars

yes, they will use the same cartridges icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%