Help Carving Pumpkin Shape

Decorating By Charmed Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 3:38pm by mothershed

Charmed Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,
I plan to stack 6, 2 inch round cakes and to carve a pumpkin but I am having trouble how to carve the rounded shape. any advice is appreciated.

7 replies
madgeowens Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 8

You could make a half circle template...like two 2-3 inches high...and cut until that fits the top//I saw someone do that on tv....I am going to use a metal bowl with a baking core in the center myself

Charmed Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 8

you mean to put the template on the side of the cake and cut to the height of the template?

sweetcakes Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 8

i have step by step pictures on our cake club face book pages. search for denton cake club

Charmed Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks Sweetcakes I found it on the facebook. great icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 8

That's a very cute cake, sweetcakes.
I saw it on the main website.
I don't go on facebook, as I just don't trust it to be clean... Do you find any problems with it?

sweetcakes Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 8

im pretty new to it myself, but haven't had any problems.

mothershed Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 8

If you are planning on covering with fondant, using bundt cake pans make an easy go of it. I just stacked 2 bundt cakes, one upside down, iced good with butter cream then covered with fondant. use a small dowel to make to indent your pumpkin lines, then work with your fingers to add the texture. After that, just paint it orange with watered down gel coloring.

Here is a picture of how mine turned out. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1845737.html

Image[/img]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%