Camo - Did I Dream It?

Decorating By janeoxo Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 7:16am by janeoxo

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 9

I thought there was a tutorial on here somewhere about the best way to make camoflague out of fondant.

I have searched and searched, can't find anything, anyone know where it is or is it all in my head?

Thanks

Jx

8 replies
janeoxo Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 9

Guess it was a dream then

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 9

I can't remember seeing camo out of fondant but there is a tutorial to make camo out of buttercream. I've tried it and it comes out great! A little time consuming but worth the effort. HTH

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 9

I had a request for a hunter's cake. I researched on the internet and did not find any camo fondant or buttercream camo that I liked. I decided to cover cake in thin layer of camo green buttercream then add fondant cut outs of leaves in different colors. The picture's not good but here is one of the camo cakes I did. I also made limbs and trigs out of fondant also for cake. All is fondant on cake except for deer. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1691436.html HTH
~Kim

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:

That was how I thought of doing it, nice to see that it will work.

@ kim

My problem was it is for a paintball cake so the leaf effect wouldn't be suitable but thanks for taking time to answer.

Jx

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 9

thanks imagenthatnj! love the link and excellent instructions and photos!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:00am
post #8 of 9

When I do it, I like to roll out one color of fondant, then place blobs of all the other colors on top, then finish rolling it out. I find I have a more cohesive piece that doesn't try to break once it stretching it onto a cake this way.

janeoxo Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 7:16am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

When I do it, I like to roll out one color of fondant, then place blobs of all the other colors on top, then finish rolling it out. I find I have a more cohesive piece that doesn't try to break once it stretching it onto a cake this way.

Thanks for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%