Georgia Cottage Food Act

Decorating By ALR1955 Updated 8 Nov 2011 , 8:51pm by CakeEvolution

tristaross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tristaross Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 1:51pm
post #31 of 47

Is there any update on this? I am (was) a home baker that had no idea that we weren't licensed properly. We had the LLC and the trademark name and thought that we were good to go! Our local paper contacted me and I had an article printed about my home based business last week and the next day I got a call from the county saying that an anonymous person called to report that I wasn't licensed! Just want to know what my options are....other than a commercial building with a commercial kitchen! Is there anything that we can do?!

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 2:12pm
post #32 of 47

I think this will require a bill to get passed allowing selling from home without all of the stipulations that tare there today - separate kitchen, license, etc. Unfortunately I work fulltime outside the home so do not have the ability to do the leg work. I am willing to do what ever I can to help if someone has the time to pull it all together.

DoubleA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleA Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 12:07am
post #33 of 47

I also am interested in helping. We GA bakers need to get together for a mutual meeting. Would anyone be willing to gather together at someone's home to talk? Or even at a DOS for the GA ICES? WE Need EACH OTHER! Wadda ya say GA Bakers?

Danicmeyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danicmeyer Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 11:49am
post #34 of 47

Hey all,

Just quickly was looking into this for future plans and found these threads to be the most helpful. Coming from the west coast this is a sore disappointment to learn about.

Found this page on how to start a Cottage Food Law including samples and thought it could help whoever has the time currently to jump start this movement. Would love to help as I can but first baby is due soon and I can't spearhead it this time.

http://homebasedbaking.com/uncategorized/starting-a-cottage-food-law-movement/

Dani

Sara_Bee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara_Bee Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 8:42pm
post #35 of 47

Here it is, the Facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Cottage-Food-Law/258080280872146

Please "Like" and pass along to anyone you know who might be interested. Let's share ideas there and perhaps get a petition going. I know it's not much, but it could at least serve as an indicator for how many people would be interested in getting this passed. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But the more people we get involved, the better!
Thanks, y'all!

Sara_Bee Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 8:44pm
post #36 of 47

(After all, this particular post has been viewed over 4000 times. Surely we can get at least half that involved!)

Sara_Bee Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:27pm
post #37 of 47

Lots of people looking at this post, yet only 7 likes on the page. The more people we get involved, the better!

Danicmeyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danicmeyer Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:02pm
post #38 of 47

Sara,

I am working the social networking side all I can for ya!

I am new to this whole cottage food law stuff though and can't speak very intelligently on the details yet. Can we get some info put together as far as exactly what the current laws are and try to find someone to draft up at least a rough sketch of what we are looking to change it too?

Others please chime in with what you can help with!

Thanks!

Dani

Sara_Bee Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:21pm
post #39 of 47

Definitely, Dani! That's my next step. Working on a cake today, and I'll be getting ready for a trip over the weekend, but hope to carve out a bit of time to get something written up. If anyone else would like to jump in, please feel free!

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #40 of 47

I'm interested also, I live in Cartersville and haven't started looking into this yet... I'm at my day job which has "blocked" facebook so I'll have to wait until I get home to like the facebook site. I'll try to do all I can also.

Sara_Bee Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 11:49pm
post #41 of 47

http://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaCottageFoodLaw

Here's the link for the Facebook page again. PLEASE go and like it if you haven't already and we'll get this thing moving! I KNOW there are more than 37 Georgia bakers that want to make this happen!

DoubleA Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 3:39am
post #42 of 47

Absolutely there is something we can do! Join the fb site. check the link below that Sara_B posted. We have got to have more members. Numbers are what will swing the thinking. If we get enough GA bakers together, we can change the law. So contact everyone you know in the business. Contact any ICES members you know of. Get everyone that you know interested. Have them go to the fb page. Join it. Promote it.

dolcesunshine20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcesunshine20 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 9:09pm
post #43 of 47

I am SOO Happy to see this! Just joined on FB and signed the petition!

DoubleA Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 4:11pm
post #44 of 47

Thank you! We are steadily increasing our numbers! Yea!

Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 4:15am
post #45 of 47

I just signed it also!

kaykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaykakes Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 4:41am
post #46 of 47

just signed it

CakeEvolution Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%