Ball Tool?

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 7:55pm by kristiemarie

kristiemarie Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 5

I cannot for the life of me find a ball tool that is not in a huge kit! I can't spend the money to buy a whole fondant kit but I really need a ball tool. Is there something else I can use in it's place to get the same effect? Or is there somewhere I can buy just the ball tool?

I need it like, yesterday so I can't buy online for this cake.

4 replies
debbief Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 5

You may be able to find something in the modelling clay section of a craft store. I've found some great tools there and they're always cheaper than cake tools. Good luck!

cookiemama2 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 5

I thought you could buy one separately at Michaels but here is something I read on the Wilton site.

TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 5

There is a ball tool in the clay aisle that only has two other tools with it. It can be used with cake stuff.

kristiemarie Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 5

Oh you guys rock. Thank you so much!

I sort of started this whole project a little unprepared and now I am stressing to get it done! I have to have this thing completed by Thursday morning....and all I have done is the fondant and gum paste made!

Quote by @%username% on %date%