Wilton Icing Sculptor

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 8:49pm by TexasSugar

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone figured out how to keep the things from falling out?

I had designated mine to the yard sale pile, but if I can get it to work...

If I can't, I'm thinking charging 50 cents would be ripping someone off.

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 6

Use a paper towel or something in the 'clip' part. That is suppose to help hold the teeth in place better.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Use a paper towel or something in the 'clip' part. That is suppose to help hold the teeth in place better.

OK, it's official I'm a moron.

Are you saying take the whole thing apart and place paper towel in it and then cut off the excess?

TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 6

Where the parts are clipped or snapped in, use something like a paper towel to add some extra support or to bulk up that part. I don't have one but from my understanding the issue with it is the little pieces are loose or fall out. By putting someting in there, you can give them more support.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Where the parts are clipped or snapped in, use something like a paper towel to add some extra support or to bulk up that part. I don't have one but from my understanding the issue with it is the little pieces are loose or fall out. By putting someting in there, you can give them more support.

This is a workable suggestion. I appreciate your input. It has made me look at the thing in a whole different way.

Just as an aside, be glad you don't own it. Concept is fabulous, even one of my Wilton instructors says is sucks.

I will try your idea before I put it in the take it away free bin when I have my yard sale.

TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 6

It is one of those items that when asked I usually say no don't get it as well.

It is one of those items that had a design flaw from the beginning and you have to wonder why it wasn't reworked or done away with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%