Opinions Please??

Decorating By multilayered Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 4:55pm by multilayered

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 9

Ok my husband and I do not agree. He does NOT like the way I made the Goal posts for this cake, I think they are just fine. I would appreciate your opinions.Thanks,Andrea

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1845949

8 replies
amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 9

I don't see anything wrong with them. Very cute cake.

multilayered Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you I thought they were fine!! I'm telling my husband would not shut up about it!!! I though I was my worst critic, but I think it's my husband lol!!!

GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 9

I love your cake. The goal posts look fine, I think that's how I've seen them on every football field cake here on CC. By the way, how did you make them?

mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 9

I think the cake looks great, goalposts included! And, I feel your pain. My husband is also my worst critic.

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 9

Looks Great to Me.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 9

I think they look great, as does the entire cake! What doesn't he like about them?

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 9

Your cake - the goalposts included - is awesome!! Maybe your husband is just trying to find a way to contribute to your creative, ingenious effort? Sometimes I think mine feels a little left out - even though he's proud of my cakes and loves showing everyone photos on his phone. He's really happy when there's something that HE can do to help. Maybe you could ask your husband to make some just-right goal posts for your next football cake? thumbs_up.gif

multilayered Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:55pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all. My husband said they didn't look "real" enough. But it is true that he isn't mean about he is just trying to be involved he is very proud of the cakes I make. I made the goal posts by wiring together extra large toothpicks cut to size with thread covered floral wire then I airbrushed them yellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%