Hair Line Cracks......?????

Decorating By Tclanton

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 1

This is not a total tragedy, but would like to hear your opinion. I was contacted to do a cake for a client for her daughter going into the navy. First thing, wal mart wouldnt print the image I wanted, but provided me with a replacement. I was aggravated, but not the end of the world. I understand copyright laws, however I cannot believe that any one person at wal mart would know what has been copyrighted when the navy has at least 100 emblems or more. Oh well, moving on. (thanks for listening to my rant) This cake was 11x15 sheet cake. Sugar image was trimmed and placed in center. The cake was resting on 1/4 plywood as this cake was extremely heavy. Once I moved the cake from the kitchen to dining table, I noticed hair line cracks in my buttercream. Where in the heck did that come from and why? I have never had this to happen before. Saturday morning arrived and there were more cracks, and the sugar emblem was bleeding pink. (pictures are posted on here) Someone said, too much shortening or powdered sugar. Well, that couldnt be it because the icing smoothed and iced perfectly. The only thing I wondered was, this is the first cake that I did not fill with a pudding or preserve. Could it be that the top layer was shifting when I moved it? If you can offer any advice that would be awesome. Thank you in advance!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%