Ghosts On Top Of Cupcakes

Baking By Pickulz Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 4:15pm by Pickulz

Pickulz Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 7

Ive seen lots of fondant 'ghosts' standing on top of cupcakes...has anyone made them...
Do you bake the cupcakes as usual? And then attach a chocolate ball to it?
And then fondant on top? Do you add BC on top of the ball to make the fondant adhere?

Also what shape do you cut your fondant in for the ghost? Circle?

6 replies
leily Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 7

Do you have a picture of what you're looking to do? if you can post a link to a photo that may help. From your description i'm just not visualizing it, but i am pretty tired so maybe my mind is just moving to slow

Jennifer1970 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 7

I saw some on a blog post that they used doughnut holes (munchkins) on top of the frosted cupcake, then draped the fondant ghost over them. You could probably also use marshmallows. I think they free form cut the shape for the ghosts, round but with a wavy bottom.

Pickulz Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 7

here is a link
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1151079.html

I read somewhere that you could insert lollipop sticks in the cupcake and then drape the fondant! sounds like a neat idea!
My only concern is that im baking this for a school bake sale and i wouldnt want the kids to bite off the head and find it too hard icon_smile.gif

Pickulz Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 7
DianeLM Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 7

I just posted some ghost-topped cupcakes. I iced the cupcakes with a bc swirl, as normal. The ghost was a round piece of fondant over a malted milk ball (Whopper). I used a decorating tip to cut out two eye holes. I draped the fondant over, then fussed with it until it had a flowy look. I didn't glue the fondant to Whopper. Technically, you could just lift the fondant off, but it's formed over the Whopper and plunged into the icing, so no worries that it will come apart.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1844232

Edited to add link.

Pickulz Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 7

Wow Diane!!! Those are so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of them actually!!!
Thanks for ur help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%