Help! I Hate My Cricut - Tips Please!

Decorating By Kahlua Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 11:23am by Karen421

Kahlua Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 10:13am
post #1 of 4

So my darling hubby thought he'd surprise me and buy me a cricut cake. I didn't want one, mainly because I've heard they're hard to use and are so expensive (I'm in Oz). I've tried to use it a few times and have had no success. I've tried so many different things, freezing the paste, leaving it to dry a little, I even managed to track down the fondant sheets and crisco (no easy feat here) and I still can't get it to work!!! I'm very close to throwing the damn thing out the window but I don't want to disappoint hubby. So I'm after any tips anyone can give me!

3 replies
crazyladybaker Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:06am
post #2 of 4

Don't give up. It does take some time to learn how to work with it as well as learning the right consistency of your product you are using.
There are a couple of really good and long threads here on CC about the Cricut.
I am on my way out and don't have time to find them and post it for you. If you will search the forums for Cricut discussions I think you will find loads of valuable information there.
Keep trying and don't get discouraged. thumbs_up.gif

Jenn2179 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:07am
post #3 of 4

What problems are you having? Give us a description so we can help you better. And yes it can be frustrating but once you figure it out it is worth it.

Karen421 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:23am
post #4 of 4

Here is the longest thread on the Cricut - it has the answers to most all cricut questions. Try and read through it and if you still need help - just ask!!!

Just remember there is a learning curve and it takes practice and patience!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%