Help! I Hate My Cricut - Tips Please!

Decorating By Kahlua Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 11:23am by Karen421

Kahlua  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahlua Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 10:13am
post #1 of 4

So my darling hubby thought he'd surprise me and buy me a cricut cake. I didn't want one, mainly because I've heard they're hard to use and are so expensive (I'm in Oz). I've tried to use it a few times and have had no success. I've tried so many different things, freezing the paste, leaving it to dry a little, I even managed to track down the fondant sheets and crisco (no easy feat here) and I still can't get it to work!!! I'm very close to throwing the damn thing out the window but I don't want to disappoint hubby. So I'm after any tips anyone can give me!

3 replies
 crazyladybaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:06am
post #2 of 4

Don't give up. It does take some time to learn how to work with it as well as learning the right consistency of your product you are using.
There are a couple of really good and long threads here on CC about the Cricut.
I am on my way out and don't have time to find them and post it for you. If you will search the forums for Cricut discussions I think you will find loads of valuable information there.
Keep trying and don't get discouraged. thumbs_up.gif

Jenn2179  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:07am
post #3 of 4

What problems are you having? Give us a description so we can help you better. And yes it can be frustrating but once you figure it out it is worth it.

Karen421  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:23am
post #4 of 4

Here is the longest thread on the Cricut - it has the answers to most all cricut questions. Try and read through it and if you still need help - just ask!!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-678490-success.html+cricut+pic+tips

Just remember there is a learning curve and it takes practice and patience!!
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%