Lofthouse Frosting And Cookies?

Baking By AngelinaMomof3 Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 9:24pm by HobbyCaker

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 11

Anyone have any idea what this is made up of? I've been staring at the ingredient list trying to divide and My oldest son has autism and he would not eat cookies until I bought these cookies. He wont even eat cake. They're dry but they melt in your mouth and they're not an offensive texture to him.. I have made 5 different sugar cookie recipes this month trying to peg one that he would eat that was close to Lofthouse without any luck.. So I keep buying him them.

I always feel so bad when the other kids are enjoying cake and cookies but he can't get over the texture of them to eat them too.. If I have to I will buy these forever but if I could whip them up whenever he wanted them I'd be such a happy momma with an even happier boy.

10 replies
HobbyCaker Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 11

The store I work for sells these, and I love them! You are right, they just melt in your mouth. Hope someone knows more about them.

twincakesanabelle Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:14am
post #3 of 11

Hi, you could find the recipe for the cookies and frosting on the internet.

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:16am
post #4 of 11

I have tried 4 of the copycat recipes.. None of them come close.. ~icon_sad.gif Have you found and tried one that does?

infinitsky Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:23am
post #5 of 11

I have tried several copycat recipes with no luck. Some were good and soft cookies, but not "Lofthouse" melt in your mouth cookies.

mamanorm Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:54am
post #6 of 11

try using a shortbread recipe instead of a sugar cookie.

neelycharmed Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:30pm
post #7 of 11

I've tried to find the lofthouse cookie recipe for years, and no such luck either icon_sad.gif
the closest I found was a cookie dough with sour cream in it and it was pretty good( to everyone else) but it was missing something in my mind... or maybe I was being too picky... icon_rolleyes.gif
Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

Teresa1976 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:36pm
post #8 of 11

My son loves these too. I have tried this cookie recipe and it's really close. I have not tried the frosing recipe with it, I don't think the frosting is similar.

If the link does not work, I just google roxymom's sugar cookies, several links come up.

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:02pm
post #9 of 11

If I find one that passes my sons test I will share! Thank you all for your help and suggestions so far.

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 11
Originally Posted by mamanorm

try using a shortbread recipe instead of a sugar cookie.

Thank you! I will try that next!

HobbyCaker Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 11

I went in to enter the new cupcakes into the system at work this afternoon and just had to buy some more. Just ate 4 of the Harvest ones with the Orange icing and sprikles. Gosh I LOVE THESE! No dinner for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%