Making Imbc Sweeter

Baking By AnnieCahill Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 7:28pm by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 10:23am
post #1 of 4

I LOVE IMBC . Most of my friends and family love it too, but they say it could be just "a tad" sweeter. Here's the recipe I use from Warren Brown:

5 egg whites
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 lb butter
2 tbs vanilla

Do you think there is a way to sneak a little extra sugar in there? I'm not sure if I should add it to the syrup or while the whites are whipping. If I add it to the syrup, does it need more water? I'm talking maybe an extra 1/4 to 1/2 cup here. Hopefully that won't skew the recipe too much.

Any suggestions?

3 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 4

add some white chocolate melted, about 3-4 ounces. you can always add some powdered sugar after you have completely prepared it too.

vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 4

I've been looking into the same thing lately, only for SMBC. Love the silky texture but family wanted it sweeter. I experimented by adding more sugar to recipes and had some success and some utter failures, but never really came up with anything just like I wanted it. I stumbled across a cupcake blog the other day, but unfortunately computer was turned off before I bookmarked it. I recall she used a recipe calling for 4 large egg whites, 1 1/4 c sugar and 2 sticks of butter. She said the minimum egg/butter ratio was 2 oz butter per egg white. I tried the recipe and it was really close to what I was looking for. the butter to sugar ratio in that recipe is the highest I've found. Don't know if it will work with IMBC, but may be worth a try. I've tried adding ps to SMBC and family liked it, I just felt it lost its great texture. Anywho, please post if you find a great recipe. My waistline can't afford for me to experiment much more.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 4

I was wondering about the powdered sugar but then the "crunch" factor kicks in. I have heard about the white chocolate but I'm not a fan of that.

I was hoping I could just sneak some granulated sugar in there somehow. I may try Shirley's recipe, as there is less butter.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%