Fondant

Decorating By Jeff_Arnett Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 2:32am by tastyart

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

I do not use a lot of fondant...it simply hasn't gained that much popularity around here....however the trend is changing.

I usually by Satin Ice when I do need it.....but with shipping it is really pricey.

My question....if you were gonna make homemade fondant, what recipe would you use?

I've already tried several MMF recipes, but they seem to draw a lot of humidity and get sticky on me.....I need a fondant that can take refrigeration well.

So....any recipe suggestions?

4 replies
cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:55am
post #2 of 5

I use T's Marshmallow Fondant recipe that I found on here. Its the simplest recipe I've seen and I haven't had any problems with it being sticky or putting a cake in the fridge after its covered.

Ts Marshmallow fondant:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7529/ts-marshmallow-fondant

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:02am
post #3 of 5

Hi Jeff,
I would make the Michelle Foster's Fondant (updated-april 04) recipe that is listed on this site in the recipe section. It really taste great and I was really surprised how nice it was to work with. I love it!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:17am
post #4 of 5

yes michelle fosters's fondant is very tasty and works great. and also toba garrett's fondant is very good and workable. love them both

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:32am
post #5 of 5

I also like Michelle Foster's fondant. It is great to work with and stores very well in the freezer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%