Omg - Exacto Knife Just Fell Off Table And Into My Foot!

Lounge By tsal Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 12:25am by Ursula40

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 10

Tonight is not going so well. I was working on appliques when somehow my exacto rolled off the table and plunged into my foot. Dh is trained in first aid (thank goodness) so he had it bandaged and elevated. He doesn't think it need stitches, but he's going to re-evaluate in 30 mins.

To make matters worse, my 4-yr old just woke up vomiting. We all were feeling queasy after eating the pizza we ordered. Great.

9 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:55am
post #2 of 10

Oh you poor thing, hope you won't need stiches and heal real well. Keep that foot up as long as possible.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:10am
post #3 of 10

That stinks!!! Keep it elevated and ice it definately. Hope your little one's tummy gets better.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:40am
post #4 of 10

Oh, ouch, ouch, ouch! Hope all of you are well and healed soon!

tsal Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:11am
post #5 of 10

I feel like such an idiot!!! My ego is hurt as much as my foot.

My 4 yr old is still asleep - hopefully it was just an isolated incident. Dh had to clean up all the vomit himself and he didn't complain. I have a good husband.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 10:58am
post #6 of 10

It's amazing how quickly something like that can happen. Once a work I was using a hand-drill on a hand-woven basket and slipped off and the drill went into my arm. The bad part was that I had to put it in reverse to get it back out of my arm. Yeah, that will make your tummy turnover. You want to talk about feeling stupid. I never held did that again.

tsal Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 10

Omg!!! That must have been so scary.

I agree that accidents can really happen in the blink of an eye. My new policy is that as soon as I stop cutting, even for an instant, the cap goes back on. I'll probably cap it hundreds of times, but at least I'll avoid thus happening again. The good news is that it missed a big vein by a couple of centimeters so at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:27am
post #8 of 10

Been there done that (more than once) Doesn't it make you crazy. I now make sure I wear shoes when using my exacto it lessens the pain. Welcome to being creative.

tsal Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 10

Lol! My 6-yr old brought me my Crocs when he saw me putting on my apron and said, "Here Mom - you don't want to forget these in case you drop your knife again."

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 12:25am
post #10 of 10

Clever kid, take good care of him

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%