Tasty Cookie Frosting Or Glaze

Baking By Cricketina Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 1:21pm by bonniebakes

Cricketina Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 7

What is your favorite cookie glaze or frosting recipe....I am looking for a tasty recipe! Royal icing is to hard and tasteless! Thank you!

6 replies
letsgetcaking Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:40am
post #2 of 7

I like using a glace icing. I'm with you on the royal icing. For the glace icing, just mix a ratio of 1 cup powdered sugar: 1Tbsp. milk: 1 Tbsp corn syrup. Then you adjust the amount of milk to get the consistency you want. You can add any flavorings you like. I usually leave it plain, so the icing just adds creamy deliciousness to the cookie. This icing sets up hard enough to stack, but it's not even close to as hard as royal.

Cricketina Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:17am
post #3 of 7

Thank you let's get caking...I am going to try that one! Have you ever been on the site www.karenscookies.net/ she has free video tutorials and she makes a cookie meringue buttercream frosting that tastes amazing! It goes on thin and tastes so awesome I just can't get decorator results..I was wondering if you had found a way to work with that frosting? I made cookies and the cookie meringue buttercream I couldn't get deco results so I just frosted all my cookies with the frosting and my family loved the ugly little things...lol

bmoser24 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:41am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricketina

Thank you let's get caking...I am going to try that one! Have you ever been on the site www.karenscookies.net/ she has free video tutorials and she makes a cookie meringue buttercream frosting that tastes amazing! It goes on thin and tastes so awesome I just can't get decorator results..I was wondering if you had found a way to work with that frosting? I made cookies and the cookie meringue buttercream I couldn't get deco results so I just frosted all my cookies with the frosting and my family loved the ugly little things...lol

I tried this icing this week! Loved it. I thinned some down to flood and used the reg recipe to color for detail. I used plastic bottles, but couldn't get the fine lines I wanted, but did OK. I also tried with piping bags before and that was messy with the thinner icings. So now I'm looking into bottles that you can use tips.
All in all, I liked the flavor and drying was nice too. The only thing is to wait for initail flood color to dry or colors might bleed.

LaurenLuLu Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 7

If you're not trying to do detail work I've found that melted white chocolate with color added also works well and tastes great.

tastyart Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:28pm
post #6 of 7

I'm with you on the royal being too crunchy. I like to use glace' on my cookies.

bonniebakes Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 7

If you haven't tried Antonia74's RI recipe, I highly recommend it. It does not dry crunchy and break-your-tooth hard like the RI you use on gingerbread houses. It dries hard enough to stack and bag, but the icing "layer" underneath stays fairly soft.

I add some flavoring to mine and everyone seems to love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%