Hellooooo Peeps

Baking By Kimbers81 Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 5:30pm by steffiessweet_sin_sations

Kimbers81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimbers81 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

Just like you all i am totally addicted to this forum, i found it a couple of days ago, and i have not put the laptop down since, and have managed to read through all 90 pages lol.

I did my first cake about 5 years ago now (sons christening), and had not done another one until attempting my daughters christening cake in July. Since then i have been hooked and whatever the occasion i have made all of friends and family cakes lol. I thought i would put my cakes on so that hopefully i could get some pointers and constructive criticism from all of you very talented decorators on this forum. I cant believe the stuff you can do with sugarpaste lol.

I have learned so much just from reading your tips, and i have made loads of notes already lol. Its so nice to know there is peeps out there who can help you, i dont know how many times i have been stuck on something silly, and would have loved to have had some advice.

3 replies
steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 4:29am
post #2 of 4

hi kimbers!! loved your cakes, u did a great job! esp liked the big cupcake, tell me wht u did? i am making one tomorrow for my daughters birthday, she insisted on that one, along with 2 dozen standards. i am worried the giant one will be too dry and we will have a run on the little ones!!! so already made the candy shell, she wanted orange, and made the batter, a moist chocolate. was thinking about torting it, all the way up, maybe 5 layers. what did u do? i also loved the zebra on the birthday cake, great job!

Kimbers81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimbers81 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:43am
post #3 of 4

Hi Steph,

I just used a mould and used quite a moist mixture, the cake was cooked in to halves, the top half takes about 1 hour and the bottom and 1.5 hours. I covered the bottom with bc crumb coat and then covered it with fondant, and for the top i just piped bc onto it, oh yeah and also put a bit between the two layers so it stuck togther lol. I have never made the chocolate shell, but would like to try it?? My cupcake mould is made from silicone, so i dont know whether i would be able to do a chocolate case??? I hope this helps x x x

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 4

i have the silicone one too, the big top? i made the candy shell, worked pretty well. making it now. will post pics when i am done!!! wish me luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%