Have To Make Yellow Cake In Tye Dye Colors, What Colors To

Lounge By mom2my3girlz Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 11:12pm by BlakesCakes

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 5

I have to make a cake in tye due colors. She wants the filling to be white/vanilla and the cake vanilla too but in a tye dye color look. What colors are best and bright? Its for a 3 tier cake. How to make colors stand out?

4 replies
itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 5

I am not sure I understand your question..."she wants the cake tye dyed"? or the fondant..If it is the acutal cake..just take small portions of the batter..colour it and swirl it into each filled pan..the colour will bleed into each other giving you a tied dyed look...good luck

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 5

i'll see if I can post a pic of mine for you...oh well I can't seem to get it to work.

I colored each cup of batter different colors

yellow, royal blue, green, orange, purple, pink, aqua...

I poured one on top of the other until the pan have enough batter.......I have swirled it AFTER that step, but I find that leaving it unswirled makes for a prettier CUT slice of cake

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 5

I'm going to PM you a link to see the pics

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 11:12pm
post #5 of 5

I dyed the white batter using neon GEL colors by Betty Crocker (found at WalMart Supercenter in the cake mix aisle). I divided the white batter equally into the # of colors I was using.

I put in the first color, let it spread a bit, added the second color, and so on. I didn't swirl them for fear of creating "muddy" areas.

Here's a photo of the cut cake:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1701088&sub=1701092

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%