Omg This Is Amazing...gotta See!

Decorating By cabecakes Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 7:26pm by neecerator

cabecakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 26

Forget "How do I" ...not in a million years could I do this. I've never see anything like, but would love to be able to. Got this video off youtube...you have to see it to believe it.

25 replies
LisaStephens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 26

That video is truly amazing!

HobbyCaker Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 26

Oh my! I got dizzy just watching. What an amazing video!

Susie53 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 26

Wow...Amazing video!!!

luckylibra Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 26

Thanks for sharing, that was incredible... do you suppose there is a cake under all that frosting?

CakeDiane Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 26

SO cool!!! Thanks for sharing!

sillywabbitz Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 26

At first I thought y'all were spammers since no one mentioned anything about cakeicon_smile.gif That is an amazing decorating technique. I would love to try but it looks like something that would take a LOT of practice. Thanks for sharingicon_smile.gif

Tracy7953 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 26

I knew there had to be a connection between making pottery and making cakes. What a great technique! She makes it look soooooo easy. After taking several semesters of pottery, I know how tricky it really is!

cabecakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:19pm
post #9 of 26

Yeah, I don't even want to talk about the last time I tried to hand-throw pottery. My mom used to own her own business and had artisans that did that for her. They let me try it once. Yeah...like I said...not in a million years could i do this. I just wonder whether it is like a IMBC or SMBC or if they are using like a thin ganache or what. It doesn't say.

sweetcakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:37pm
post #10 of 26

that is cool, i too wonder if there is cake inside or if it is just a pile of meringue

Ruth0209 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:44pm
post #11 of 26

That's an interesting technique. This woman obviously has experience as a potter. It looks like there's a LOT of icing on those cakes, which isn't very appetizing to me, and I don't even especially like the final appearance of the cakes (I didn't really like the little blasts of color - it didn't look well blended), but it definitely takes quite a lot of skill to do. Impressive. The Quenary Academy is in Malaysia.

daltonam Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:51pm
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

that is cool, i too wonder if there is cake inside or if it is just a pile of meringue

it's a decorating technique. it's not icing, frosting, meringue, etc etc. I really wonder IF it can be achieved on a real cake, only because the clay is wet to scrape, then I'M GUESSING firmer to blow that air & mold????? icon_confused.gif

ok so I'm so confused now, it says clay art on it????? someone PLEASE put me out of my misery, lol ...it's a culinary school, ugh!

cabecakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:55pm
post #13 of 26

The "potter" is only using a "ketchup type" bottle to blow air on it. It couldn't be putting out that much pressure. Whatever they are working with has to be light but moldable. I'm guessing a meringue.

ILoveDaffodils Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:57pm
post #14 of 26

That is an incredible technique. Thanks for sharing.

daltonam Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:58pm
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

The "potter" is only using a "ketchup type" bottle to blow air on it. It couldn't be putting out that much pressure. Whatever they are working with has to be light but moldable. I'm guessing a meringue.

yes I got that, but I've never worked with meringue (BC & fondant only) & the word clay in their title is REALLY strange, lol........ thanks icon_smile.gif

jenmat Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:17pm
post #16 of 26

Now I want to try that! But I think I'd need a crazy cool turntable!

My vote is meringue, but it doesn't look like there is any butter in it. A shortening meringue icing? EWWW.
Maybe a boiled icing?
Now I REALLY want to know.
Thanks for sharing!

Elcee Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:21pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

That's an interesting technique. This woman obviously has experience as a potter. It looks like there's a LOT of icing on those cakes, which isn't very appetizing to me, and I don't even especially like the final appearance of the cakes (I didn't really like the little blasts of color - it didn't look well blended), but it definitely takes quite a lot of skill to do. Impressive. The Quenary Academy is in Malaysia.

I agree! I admire the talent and technique but I didn't find the end result very visually appealing.

sweetcakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:22pm
post #18 of 26

wonder if it would work, just for practice, to throw a large mound of bettercream on a turntable, thats soft yet firm enough to do that id think.

endymion Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm
post #19 of 26

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif WOW!

Amazing skill! It would be a lot of icing (or meringue or whatever), but wouldn't it make a gorgeous wedding cake if left all white?

I'm in awe.

BoozeBabe Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm
post #20 of 26

Truly amazing. Now that my jaw is closed....my guess is its a meringue but done using clay techniques. kinda makes me want to break some eggs. icon_lol.gif

loulou2 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:11pm
post #21 of 26

Too cool thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:16pm
post #22 of 26

That really is amazing. I love watching people incorporate new and old techniques in unusual ways!! Thanks so much for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

sari66 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:18pm
post #23 of 26

That is so cool!

tyty Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:19pm
post #24 of 26

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure it won't be long before someone here at CC tries it.

MarianInFL Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:47pm
post #25 of 26

OMG. How did her left arm not fall off? She needs a motorized turn table!

neecerator Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 7:26pm
post #26 of 26

I wonder if they have any USA school locations? I emailed them to find out. It's amazing food art! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%